Official Screenshot Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
What game is it?
Is the game really old or why else is the quality that bad :p.

Played several zombie games in the past, the only 3 I like were dead island (just the 1st, riptide is just the same game with a ongoing story), left 4 dead 2 and 7 days to die.

Not really,Its quite new but the devs claim it has been in development for a long time but its clearly not the case...Graphics quality looks bad because i run on lowest settings to give me a tactical advantage,Less grass,trees and crap allow for better spotting. :)

The reason the game has such bad reviews is because at the start the devs kept on lying about things,then you had the hacker situation which took them forever to acknowledge...and ratings have not really gone up because the development of the game is STILL way too slow even though they're raking in the cash....if they dont start improving this game soon most of its player base will move on to Dayz Standalone imo....but for now the game is still fun for me,Thats unless someone is obviously cheating or running in huge crews then your stuffed,

Dead island i never got on with,Ran like crap..repetative and boring gameplay.
L4D 2 was okay but again,repetitive.
7 days to die..not really a fan to be honest,development is too slow for me.

Punk

Staff member
Playing with the Radeon HD7850 :)

2013-11-08_00001_zps9deb9ac7.jpg

2013-11-08_00002_zpsec70b75a.jpg

Darren

Staff member
Don't resize them so much less time, because those don't look that great. :/

Which Crysis is that?

G80FTW

Another amazing game from 1C. Which I guess they have changed up their logo now so its good news to me that they are still in business because I love 1C games. The russians seem to be very good with simulators.

Off-Road Drive. A game that has been in development for the past couple years that I have been waiting for then forgot all about it. They are using the Unreal 3 engine, which is rather old but none the less it looks great for a 1C game:

Its on Steam for $35, which is the most expensive 1C game I have seen. Im not completely convinced its worth that much in terms of visuals, gameplay is amazing however you are limited to the "tracks" and a small number of vehicles so not exactly a very expanded game for todays market which is usually why 1C games are cheaper.

There is another off-road game still in development called SpinTires which I just finished downloading the dev tech demo and its probably the best off-road simulator there is with pretty nice graphics and the best physics. Will upload screens of that soon as I get off work and get it modified to my liking.

Some shots of Euro Truck Sim 2 :)

I love this game. The detail on the trucks, cargo, roads, water, and HDR are just amazing for the cost of the game. I used to play 18WOS alot, seeing as Im American I like to stick to American roads :) so I was actually very skeptical about trying Euro Truck 2 but after I started playing it I actually like its depth alot more than the 18WOS series.

There is also RigNRoll which ran into alot of funding issues in its development but luckily eventually got released. Its pretty good, not quite as good as Euro Truck 2 but on the American side its the best we got.

Also, try increasing the scaling to 400% it looks alot smoother and you can then clearly make out all the buttons and dials :)

Last edited:

G80FTW

I dont know what engine they are using for this SpinTires game, but its effing amazing for a game in development. Completely deformable terrain, completely destructible environment, particle effects. Best DX9 engine Iv seen.

You can dig ruts virtually anywhere in the game aside from paved areas.

WeatherMan

Them screenshots don't do this tech demo justice ^^

Sometimes I can't believe this is DX9, the motion and colour of some of the water is amazing, as is the motion of smoke.

One area that needs work is the wave crests on the shore line, the water needs to be more refined there, but parts of it are amazing :D

G80FTW

Them screenshots don't do this tech demo justice ^^

Sometimes I can't believe this is DX9, the motion and colour of some of the water is amazing, as is the motion of smoke.

One area that needs work is the wave crests on the shore line, the water needs to be more refined there, but parts of it are amazing :D

Why dont my screens do it justice? I even edited them in Photoshop a tad :D

But the water does indeed look good as does the smoke. But the thing about the water is it doesnt render like water in any other game. It acts as more of a solid than a liquid. When you drive into it and stop the water deforms around you never returning to a flat state.

PCunicorn

Another in development game, Next Car Game ;) Very good physics in this game, like them more then BeamNG. Not because they are more realistic, which they aren't, but because it's possible to drive for 2 minutes without completely destroying your car :p

Troncoso

VIP Member
Are you enjoying the game? I got into it recently with a friend, and we are having a good time so far. The combat is a bit bare (at level 18), but I'm told it gets better, as well as the story.

Hyper_Kagome

Are you enjoying the game? I got into it recently with a friend, and we are having a good time so far. The combat is a bit bare (at level 18), but I'm told it gets better, as well as the story.

I'm not far into it yet, maybe level 8 at the moment. I'm enjoying what I have played, though some of the tutorials pop up at inconvenient times (like when I came across a FATE and it decided to teach me about FATEs as I was IN a FATE battle). The new update also changed some of the interface that I was still getting use to as a new player. I have no idea where the buttons went for the Free Companies or other random things now, so I'm slowly getting use to the different hot keys for various sub menus.

Also been having issues in some battles on moving out of the way noooooooot quite fast enough for some enemies' attacks (such as a poison spray). But it'll take practice I suppose.

I gave up using PB these days,Try ImgUr.

Thanks. I shall do that.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been playing the DayZ Standalone.

How are you liking it so far?..i know your an experienced Arma player..im a noob so its all new to me. :D

Here are some of my shots from today,got geared up after whacking a player to death with a crowbar,He had quite a lot of stuff. :eek:

sgnXbyr.jpg

NiskuGn.jpg

2x8FiPv.jpg

mnWeERL.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out half of the controls though it all still seems very confusing,Not sure what im doing with that bar at the bottom and all the bandages lol.

I only have the graphics on "Normal" atm as I'm trying to find out whether the lag spikes I'm getting is due to my settings been too high or the servers,I think its the servers.

I think the game has huge potential,But considering how long the game has been in development already i can see it been a LONG time before its really good.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
So I tried a little invasion, by slowly building a castle and building some kind of base but I guess I'm not very welcome... I'm going back to my island :D

2014-01-09_00004_zpsf6c8a99c.jpg