VIP Member
my new crossfire setup :)

2x4850's.... loving it

05032009398.jpg

05032009400.jpg

sorry for poor pics, used mobile phone

funkysnair

VIP Member
Looks awesome man, great job! I like the way those water loops flow in the case. Do you have any pictures of it in the dark?

thanx!!

no ill get some good photos with a decent cammera soon..

one of my uv cathodes has just deceased so its not as good in the dark now, looks nice all glowing blue

pdc76

i added a second 8800gtx to my rig not too long ago and i saw a nice increase in performance. more recently i added a third 8800gtx for 3-way sli, and i saw only a small increase.

i'm using 3dmark06 as a gauge. single card i was getting 12000's, 2 cards shot me up to 18000's, but with 3 i'm barely breaking 20000's (and that's only after overclocking as much as i can, otherwise i'm in the 19000's). am i doing something wrong?

i tried enabling physics, disabling it, and changing other performance settings, but that only seems to give me a lower score. is 3dmark06 not setup for more than 2 cards or something?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Nah, you've not done anything wrong. Two cards will see a fair bit of a difference, but three will hardly see any. It's a little overkill, a nice set up non the less though!

Okedokey

Anybody got any questions they need answering, or any questions they know the answer to that I can throw into the FAQ area?

Here's my SLI rig;

IMG_9705.jpg

underpowered man.

plus where do you little ****s get the money> you must live at home!! :eek: :D

bullzi

Well he's running crossfire. ATI's crossfire scales MUCH better than Nvidia's SLI with multiple card configs.

shelby_vn

banned
Thought I'd bump this, in case anybody had any good FAQ's I could put in there... Also, maybe sticky it? I see a lot of people making threads asking about SLI and CF...

Mr Marshmallow

Sorry if this is threadmancy, but it is stickied, sooo...

In your guys' experience, which is better, crossfire or SLI? I know what Russian777 thinks, but how about the rest of you?

ScottALot

Oh god. Can I get an extra BFG Tech 9800GT to run either SLI or Crossfire on my Gigabyte GA790X UD4P Mobo?

JEEPjeep

im looking to hook up a three monitor setup with two videocards in sli. am i right for thinking that i just hook up the three monitors to the two video cards?

playing FPS games and MMORPG

zeroo

Hi, can any one help/advise me. I am building a gaming pc, not sure what to go with.
I have a ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI and droping in a Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Quad-core Processor - 3.00 GHz, 4 x 2 gigDDR2
Just not sure weather to go with 2 ATI 4870/4890 radeons or 3 nvid 8800 GT/Ultra or any other nvid that can be used in a 3 way sli config.
Thanks for looking

just a noob

Hi, can any one help/advise me. I am building a gaming pc, not sure what to go with.
I have a ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI and droping in a Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Quad-core Processor - 3.00 GHz, 4 x 2 gigDDR2
Just not sure weather to go with 2 ATI 4870/4890 radeons or 3 nvid 8800 GT/Ultra or any other nvid that can be used in a 3 way sli config.
Thanks for looking

either 3 4890's(if you can find a board that's decent that is), or 3 gtx 280's(you can pick up refurbs on the evga website for $250 each)