*Official SLI / CF Thread*

G25r8cer

im looking to hook up a three monitor setup with two videocards in sli. am i right for thinking that i just hook up the three monitors to the two video cards?

playing FPS games and MMORPG

No I believe you cannot run 3 monitors with sli. Without sli then, yes. Or you could just get a 5870 which supports 3monitors via 2 dvi and 1 displayport.

just a noob

28122.jpg
sli seems to be working for me :D i don't know if you can use 3 moniters with sli or not, but i do know you can use 2(ask kornowaski about it, because i know he uses 2 monitors)

awildgoose

Well I got another 9600GT for free so I decided to put it in my new system (i5-750, GA-P55M-UD4 only 2G of ram though :( ).
Don't have any pictures but I took a screenie to prove it.
Untitled-3.png

Ryeong

Well he's running crossfire. ATI's crossfire scales MUCH better than Nvidia's SLI with multiple card configs.

I can't say that i agree. I went from 32 fps on very high, 1080p in crysis with one gtx 275 to over 60 with two in sli.. I have a mininum of 90% fps increase in my games, depending on patch/drivers.

Last edited:

Ryeong

Here, this is a benchmark i did myself.

This is how i did it:

I Returned to stock settings. From what you can see in my sign to stock for gtx 275..

Both benchmarks: 1920x1080, 4xAA, 16xAF, High settings (max), DX 10..

[The benches i uploaded got deleted? :(

Last edited:

just a noob

That's nice(i never really benchmarked my 285's so i have no idea how they performed), next time would you mind resizing the pictures please? :p

Ryeong

That's nice(i never really benchmarked my 285's so i have no idea how they performed), next time would you mind resizing the pictures please? :p

Hehe, i forgot to resize :rolleyes:

I get more fps overclocked, but i think the stock settings is a good way to compare.. Two 285's in sli should get much better results. Also, 480 is said to scale better.

I think the coding in heaven is really good. This is only version 1.0. Whats better in version 2.0?

Triiton

Looking into SLI...Currently use BFG GeForce 9800GT 1GB and I am wondering whether it is worth doubling up on my current config?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i think itd be worth it if you can get a second 8800/9800GT cheap.

Triiton

aight...have a 500w PSU. Guess moving up to a 700-750w PSU would be also in the making....My index scores on my comp are currently 7+ but graphics is at 6.9....by Windows 7 levels though.

So from all I have heard and looked into a second VC couldn't hurt.

joh06937

Im really wanting to get into Crossfire, to be doing it for the first time I want to match the card I got with the exact same, which so far has been a dead end (its unavalible ever place I look) my luck if I change brand names I will have issues. Anybody got a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...56&cm_re=GV-R487D5-1GD-_-14-125-256-_-Product or have any ideas were I can get one?

you don't need to get the EXACT same one (brand), just an hd 4870 (or possibly an hd 4850 or hd 4890).

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
you don't need to get the EXACT same one (brand), just an hd 4870 (or possibly an hd 4850 or hd 4890).

Yeah as far as im aware it can be any brand/make...not sure if memory size on the cards matter? eg...512mb and say a 1gb together.

I would try and stick with the same card/brand though just to prevent any problems.

bluecity

Yeah as far as im aware it can be any brand/make...not sure if memory size on the cards matter? eg...512mb and say a 1gb together.

I would try and stick with the same card/brand though just to prevent any problems.

Im looking now at cards from Gigabyte that match Effective Memory Clock 900MHz (3.6Gbps)
Memory Size 1GB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR5
There expensive :(

joh06937

don't worry about the clocks, you can always oc them. also, if you want more help, i suggest starting a thread in video cards and monitors before people get mad...