|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

claptonman

Norton threat detected. Now, I know you guys wouldnt put a virus on my lappy, but, do you think there is any way to stop that? And, it doesnt start. I am on 64 bit 7, and it says "SmilesApp has stopped working".
Uninstall Norton, since itself is a virus...
I ran both benchmarks (4 & 8) with ram oc'ed on the G75,

Corsair Vengeance DDR3-12800 1600MHZ-- oc'ed 1866MHZ

and there was virtually no difference in either benchmark-- not even a full second higher or lower.

same here, went from 1600 to 1866. My WEI went up, though. :rolleyes:

Laquer Head

same here, went from 1600 to 1866. My WEI went up, though. :rolleyes:

And you know that no other benchmark will ever be as critical and thorough as the WEI...:rolleyes:

Apparently triple RAID-0 SSD and 5.2GHZ overclocked i7 is not quite good enough though... only got a 7.6

spirit

Staff member
Do I win the award for the slowest scores?

Athlon 64 3700+ 4-Threaded Heavy

3700heavy2.jpg

Athlon 64 3700+ 8-Threaded Light

3700light.jpg

OK so it does work in XPx64, but there are a few issues, one of them being that you can't see some of the scores, including the final result. In XPx64, the only way to get your final result is to click 'Save Scores' and then open the text file which holds your score.

The 4-threaded heavy bench took 953 seconds on the 3700+ - that's around 15 minutes or so! I had to run the bench with the side panel removed so that the CPU didn't get too hot. Even with the side panel removed, temps were hitting 70C (this thing idles at around 45-50C).

The 8-threaded bench didn't take so long, only around 3.5 minutes or so, but both tests pushed the CPU usage up to 100% on the single core which this Athlon has.

claptonman

And you know that no other benchmark will ever be as critical and thorough as the WEI...:rolleyes:

Apparently triple RAID-0 SSD and 5.2GHZ overclocked i7 is not quite good enough though... only got a 7.6

A fresh install with my Corsair Force 3 got a 7.9, but its at 7.7 right now. If it was 7.9, I'd have all 7.9s except 7.5 for my CPU.

But yeah, I know it doesn't matter at all.

spirit

Staff member
A fresh install with my Corsair Force 3 got a 7.9, but its at 7.7 right now. If it was 7.9, I'd have all 7.9s except 7.5 for my CPU.

But yeah, I know it doesn't matter at all.

My scores are 7.6, 7.9, 7.8, 7.8, 7.8 with the 2500K rig in my sig. My SSD was at 7.9 but then once I got the 5870 and installed the Catalyst Drivers it dropped to 7.8.

Don't know how I'll ever live with that...

NyxCharon

Do you guys release the source code for this application or are you closed source?
If you do, i'd like to take a peak at it.

spirit

Staff member
Do you guys release the source code for this application or are you closed source?

I'm not giving away the source code to anybody (especially publicly) until I've had permission from SmileMan.

Jamebonds1

Norton threat detected. Now, I know you guys wouldnt put a virus on my lappy, but, do you think there is any way to stop that? And, it doesnt start. I am on 64 bit 7, and it says "SmilesApp has stopped working".

Norton is bad antivirus, sometime it caught false virus. Better if remove then download free antivirus Avast! edition

Uninstall Norton, since itself is a virus...

Norton is not a virus but they have issued antivirus and other stuff.

Sorry but you have to asking SmileMan, the founder of benchmark.
Also we wouldn't know what would you doing with it if vistakid release code source.

I dont like avast, but its just my opinion.Its clucnky, gets in your way, and as I am not the type to buy a AV program, it has popups saying get avast paid.Though, almost all AV software does this, so I use Microsoft security essentials, which doesnt have these problems.

spirit

Staff member
I dont like avast, but its just my opinion.Its clucnky, gets in your way, and as I am not the type to buy a AV program, it has popups saying get avast paid.Though, almost all AV software does this, so I use Microsoft security essentials, which doesnt have these problems.

I like Avast but I like MSE too.

Back on topic; that was a false positive which Norton detected. You can see a link to a Virus Total scan of the application on the first page in the thread. It comes out 100% clean.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Ty for all comments, I like my vacation. But I want to go home too :p

I'll make the 4threaded more stable when I come home.

and no, my soucre code is closed!

grtz,
smile

KasperL

Good day Smiles :)

Since you requested of me to use your program, because my CPU is a good expensive one, i did so. Here are the results. I don't know if i did everything right, but here you go. :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Sure is an I7 3930k ;)

Not one bit overclocked. I don't know how to.

btw sorry for not mentioning you in the comment above.

No worries. If you've got decent cooling and a good board and case you should try overclocking 3930K - would be interesting to see what scores you'd get. ;) I know you're using 16GB of RAM, what's the make and model of the RAM?

I'll add your scores to the new leaderboard when I get it up tomorrow or Friday most probably. :)