|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

spirit

Staff member
You're crazy lol. But I'm little crazy too :) I have one desktop and one 11 years old laptop.

:D It's helpful having more than one PC, because of one dies, you've got spares. If my 2500K rig were to die for any reason, I can use the Core 2 Quad until I can get a replacement rig. :)

Just installing XPx64 on the 3700+ rig now. I had to remove and reinstall the IDE cable from the drive and motherboard because for some reason my DVD drive wasn't being detected but now it is. I'll have to run the benchmark with the side panel removed, just in case the CPU gets too hot.

I've tested the app in XPx64 in a VM by the way, works OK in case you were wondering.

jonnyp11

my light 8-threaded was unlocked to x6, and i re-ran the 4-threaded at 3.4ghz and got a 171.3019205, i know at 3.8 i had a 151.???????, which if you do the math is almost an exact scaling, the cpu was ~11% faster and the bench ~12%

MyCattMaxx

I have at least 12 working computers here.
Some just aren't worth much to sell and worth more to me just to keep them.
Plus I have parts to put a couple more together if I needed to.

Jamebonds1

:D It's helpful having more than one PC, because of one dies, you've got spares. If my 2500K rig were to die for any reason, I can use the Core 2 Quad until I can get a replacement rig. :)

Just installing XPx64 on the 3700+ rig now. I had to remove and reinstall the IDE cable from the drive and motherboard because for some reason my DVD drive wasn't being detected but now it is. I'll have to run the benchmark with the side panel removed, just in case the CPU gets too hot.

I've tested the app in XPx64 in a VM by the way, works OK in case you were wondering.

Yeah, that's true. I have first desktop PC Athon 64 single core, but it is died due to BIOS corrupt. Good thing is i have oldest laptop :) Rig on my sig is my second desktop PC.

I think you just made a hit. You could have a backgroud of the CF logo, and say official CF benchmarking tool (ask ian to make it official, he might not like that its official), and have the link only on CF. Official CF Benchmark tool, by Smiles it could say. You can just ask somebody to change the name of the thread.

jonnyp11

I think you just made a hit. You could have a backgroud of the CF logo, and say official CF benchmarking tool (ask ian to make it official, he might not like that its official), and have the link only on CF. Official CF Benchmark tool, by Smiles AND VISTAKID10 it could say. You can just ask somebody to change the name of the thread.

there ya go.

Ok, now Im jealoius. I need to start coding. Maybe I will learn, help you guys. What did you use to code with, and can I have the source?

Norton threat detected. Now, I know you guys wouldnt put a virus on my lappy, but, do you think there is any way to stop that? And, it doesnt start. I am on 64 bit 7, and it says "SmilesApp has stopped working".

spirit

Staff member
Ok, now Im jealoius. I need to start coding. Maybe I will learn, help you guys. What did you use to code with, and can I have the source?
We used Visual Studio 2010 and wrote the program in VB.NET. It's a pretty easy language to learn, it was the first language Smiles and I learned (I've been coding in VB.NET for 2 years now).

If you don't wanna buy VS 2010, you can download Visual Basic 2010 Express from Microsoft for free and use that http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express it's just like a smaller (and free) version of Visual Studio 2010.

that's why your name is second :p
Absolutely. :D

spirit

Staff member
Norton threat detected. Now, I know you guys wouldnt put a virus on my lappy, but, do you think there is any way to stop that? And, it doesnt start. I am on 64 bit 7, and it says "SmilesApp has stopped working".
The application is 64-bit only, so if you're trying to run it on a 32-bit OS it won't work. You could try disabling/turning off/removing (hint hint) Norton and try running again. Do you have at least .NET Framework 2.0 installed?

Laquer Head

I ran both benchmarks (4 & 8) with ram oc'ed on the G75,

Corsair Vengeance DDR3-12800 1600MHZ-- oc'ed 1866MHZ

and there was virtually no difference in either benchmark-- not even a full second higher or lower.

spirit

Staff member
I ran both benchmarks (4 & 8) with ram oc'ed on the G75,

Corsair Vengeance DDR3-12800 1600MHZ-- oc'ed 1866MHZ

and there was virtually no difference in either benchmark-- not even a full second higher or lower.

Opps. Will update the leaderboard.

spirit

Staff member
Should I learn C++, or VB, which one is easier?

VB.NET (not VB, VB.NET, they're two different languages) to begin with and then move into C++ and C# later on. VB.NET is a bit more limited than C++ and C# though, just bear in mind.

Laquer Head

Opps. Will update the leaderboard.

This too..

heavypass.jpg

jonnyp11

Norton false-flags crap all the game, flagged Black Hawk Down on my old comp every time i dl'd it and dad ended up getting pissed at me for coninuing to dl it and broke the disk, i liked that game and it ran well on my 9600se