|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I am calm. Im also sober which is part of the issue.

Now your starting to listen. Thank you. I do believe that the issue is in the extreme and 4 thread passes. If you look at the times on the passes I posted, the rest was almost the same as they were before. that tells me they are running fine. but it is still jumping threads on the 4 thread. So on that one might as well have a 2500k. The other one appears to be running okay, but it being the only new one yes? would be the issue.

K found the issue, I ran again in non overclock and had the same results as you had.
I ran it again after that and had much better scores, ran it for a 3th time and it didn't changed anymore.

So what we gonna do is to make a warming up button. After you did the warming up the benchmark button will appear.

Good or not?
Don't know how to fix that issue...

wolfeking

banned
so it runs better after the first run? If so, that would be fine. At least we found the issue and are correcting it.

wolfeking

banned
Untitled-105.jpg

spirit

Staff member
I know I used the 'problematic' version of this new version, but I'd just like to share this with you guys anyway.

ScoresComparison.jpg

Exactly the same hardware, just different operating systems. Just proves that there isn't a difference between the two operating systems, so if anybody says "your times were slower than mine because you had Vista and I had 7" (for example), that's BS.

wolfeking

banned
vista, how did you get such a good time on a stock Q8300? I feel good seeing that that the 4 thread is hurting the 2600K hard.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
vista, how did you get such a good time on a stock Q8300? I feel good seeing that that the 4 thread is hurting the 2600K hard.

yeah, saw that 2 xD
hehe, he was lucky with his first run.
I think switching from the quantity threads will be a problem too...

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

Goodness knows...

Yep. All four scores added together and divided by 4.

I think there is something wrong with app. Like i check it out with my Ti-84.

(20.7636+13.1664+91.5564+39.78)/(4)=41.3166. But it say 55.0888. I do math from your picture on vista version.

MyCattMaxx

I think there is something wrong with app. Like i check it out with my Ti-84.

(20.7636+13.1664+91.5564+39.78)/(4)=41.3166. But it say 55.0888. I do math from your picture on vista version.
A test I ran results said 87.3 but when I use the calculator I get 65.4

spirit

Staff member
nope
the average is divided by 3

and score is also not that way

There's a problem that we need to sort out - average score needs to be worked out by dividing the total score by 4 not 3; otherwise it's not an average. I know you're going away again so I'll take a look at it and try to correct it.

spirit

Staff member
Well wouldn't you want an average score of all the benches to give you a general idea of how well your CPU performed?