|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

spirit

Staff member
Nah don't go for LGA 2011 - pointless as LGA 1155 is all you need. An i7 3770K is faster at stock than an i7 3820 remember, and the 3770K can overclock.

Jamebonds1

Nah don't go for LGA 2011 - pointless as LGA 1155 is all you need. An i7 3770K is faster at stock than an i7 3820 remember, and the 3770K can overclock.

Yeah. I sometime can be struggle to looking for motherboard LGA 1155. Beside if it is just 300 dollar CPU LGA 2011, not really worth unless it is six core that cost 600 dollar.

Also I think i will getting old i5 LGA 1155.

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

This is off topic, but...

Newegg. :p

Z77 runs cooler and has native USB 3.0 support and of course it's newer - Z68 is still very viable though. I have a Z68 board myself and it's great. I'd go for Z77 if I were buying new though.

Ah okay. Thank for some information. I'm way off topic, oops. :D

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Here are mine:

Light Benchmark
ramodkk (i3570K @ 4.0GHz, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws PC3-12800, 17.9s)
light_benchmark.PNG

Heavy Benchmark
ramodkk (i3570K @ 4.7GHz, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws PC3-12800, 84.8s)
heavy_benchmark.PNG

Last edited:

MyCattMaxx

This version is not finished yet remembered, I'm not sure why SmileMan even released it into the wild at all. There's still some work that needs doing on it.
My bad.
I'll grab the right one and run it in about 4 hours after my SMP client finishes folding out this unit.

spirit

Staff member
Thanks! And mannnn I didn't see the new version. I'll do it later, too lazy to overclock again :p
You can try the new version and let us know what your score is if you like but remember the new version is a beta and still has issues which I am going to get round to fixing soon. :) Looking at fixing the issues on Monday and re-releasing soon after then.

spirit

Staff member
I was using 64bit. Has this been resolved or do i need to take off ht?

You need to disable HT I think but I'm resolving the issue as we speak. Give me a few more days and it will be here. I've been in London all day today.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
K guys, I'm back in town! Tomorow I gonna start with it.
Sry for the problems. The clock is going down in the app when the threads end and start again, that's what I gonna solve.

Smile! :p

FuryRosewood

Toughbook ran today, not sure if it takes the top, but it did make a good effort at being slow :p
Soft:
Soft%20Pass%20Toughbook.JPG

Heavy:
Heavy%20Thread%20Toughbook.JPG

I seriously doubt that. unless it was one of the 180nm Willamette @ 1.3GHz on Socket 423. Even then, it should beat the P3m just based on clock speed.

And from way back, a Pen III will easily outrun a first gen Pentium 4, Pentium 4 was a crap architecture, and if you do want to do a truely slow run, you will find one of those chips, which seems to be what happened. So yea, pentium iii mobile is indeed faster than a Pentium 4, based on this benchmark...so you aren't totally broken.

Last edited:

G80FTW

Toughbook ran today, not sure if it takes the top, but it did make a good effort at being slow :p
Soft:
Soft%20Pass%20Toughbook.JPG

Heavy:
Heavy%20Thread%20Toughbook.JPG

And from way back, a Pen III will easily outrun a first gen Pentium 4, Pentium 4 was a crap architecture, and if you do want to do a truely slow run, you will find one of those chips, which seems to be what happened. So yea, pentium iii mobile is indeed faster than a Pentium 4, based on this benchmark...so you aren't totally broken.

But the P4 Northwood and onward with HT are alot faster than any P3....

FuryRosewood

clock per clock i still feel their a inferior chip vs the pentium iii they only feel faster because their running at 3ghz+ and the pentium iii maxes out at 1.4ghz.