|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

Jamebonds1

Yeah I only sent the fixed one to Jonnyp11 and Denther to try out for me with their AMDs and they both reported back saying that it didn't work.:(

Maybe try with different complied program? Or we just can have one top Intel and one top AMD without have all intel and amd in one top?

Just little advice.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Got penta-threaded working now!! :p
i5's got 100% (all quaaads and lower core cpu's) and on an i7 63% load! :p
Now making a second benchmark test, a short one with 8 threads working on same moment. This would be a cpu killer for quads if we made them as long as other one.

grtz
smile

jonnyp11

we all know the amd aren't going to beat the intel, with whoever at almost 5Ghz, unless strangle comes in here with some liquid nitrogen at 8GHz, which of course doesn't scale so he might just get close.

spirit

Staff member
This afternoon, Smile and I have been working on a new version which makes the CPU run at 100% on all cores (on 4 threads, around 60% if you have 8 threads) and we think we may have fixed the issues with AMD chips.

Here are some benchmarks I ran on my old Q8300. I've added a "Restart Benchmark" button which will clear all the scores and restart the benchmark if you wish, and I've added warning dialogues about the crashing as well as a dialogue/message box which shows up once the bench has completed. SmileMan has been working on another set of new instructions and sorting out the issues with AMD CPUs.

As the Q8300 is an old chip (and I'm using Vista on a dying 5400 RPM HDD), you should be able to expect your scores to be much LOWER/better than what I achieved.

Q83003.jpg

Temps wise, you need to be careful about running this benchmark now if you have an overclocked CPU but with stock or poor cooling. I was getting around 70C with the stock cooler on my Q8300 at full load. The benchmark runs for around 3-5 minutes now on slower CPUs (around 1-2 on faster ones) so make sure your chip can withstand fairly high temps for short periods of time before running the new bench. I would not recommend running this benchmark if you have an unstable or untested overclock.

Q83002.jpg

The new version will be available to download and run shortly. I see SmileMan has already cleared all of the scores.

I'll let you know how my 2500K does too. :D

Last edited:

jonnyp11

dang you, i can run this at 3.9 for a while before it will overheat and it's stable too (burn tested on standard and didn't pass 60, maximum burn prob would'a hit 70) but i cant unlock now :(

spirit

Staff member
We can thread the app up to only 4 or 6 cores and then the usage and temps on the CPU should drop a bit if heat is an issue.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
dang you, i can run this at 3.9 for a while before it will overheat and it's stable too (burn tested on standard and didn't pass 60, maximum burn prob would'a hit 70) but i cant unlock now :(

I'm also making short one, which is 8-threaded. It will last 5-10 seconds, so no damage can be dealed by temps.

MyCattMaxx

Couldn't have been stable if it over heats under load.

spirit

Staff member
Lol. I let it running like 6 test still stable

Before i turn BCLK up i test it with Prime95, still stable.
If you think it's going to be OK then by all means feel free to run our benchmark and let us know the score once we upload it. I'd be interested to see them! :D