*Official * Windows 7 Thread

Kesava

Yeah the beta will be realeased on the 9th. Thats today for me. Unfortunately its not the 9th in the US yet... :( I still have to wait haha

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well its 9th here in the uk,nearly 10th and i dont see any release links from MS.

ive got Windows 7 BETA from another source which i wont mention,but i can tell you its ALOT and i mean ALOT better than Vista already and its still in beta stages.

Kesava

They were having heavy traffic to the website so they decided to add more servers and stuff to be able to handle all the downloads. They did release the links at one point in time, however now the link redirects to the windows 7 website. So you can't use them anymore.

Guess we'll just have to wait until they have everything ready. Shouldn't be too long.

pies

Yeah from what I've tried of it I liked it.
I know I had trouble getting on the site in the morning and saw some info on them adding more servers and what not.

pies

They'll be on the microsoft site shortly.
And also I'm going to delete the link above because it will be on the microsoft site soon.

Briguy

Wouldn't you think Microsoft would of thought that there would be a huge demand?

Last edited:

Michael

Rawr. I can't find the DL link. Can someone direct me to it?

Direct from Microsoft servers:

Windows 7 Beta 1 - 32bit

Windows 7 Beta 1 - 64bit

You'll still need to check back at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ if you want to get one of the 2.5 million keys available, when they're released.. otherwise, you can extend the 30 day trial three times, the same way as Vista - After 29 days of use, Open a Command Prompt session (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt), type slmgr -rearm and hit enter.

I'll be waiting for a key... but I'm already downloading the x86 version of Windows 7 from the link above :)

-Michael