oil cooled pc (pic intensive)

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by cryption, Mar 20, 2007.

1. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned

that's cool, I might build a case out of wood and plexiglass(however u spell that) and use a type of freon cooling. I will be working in a heating/cooling biz's office this summer so, I could learn some thermal tricks. The wooden case would look awesome, though, sanded down and stained like mahogany.

2. ducis

ducis Active Member

wow Ive wanted to use freon ever since i heard of it when you do do that tell me

3. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned

sure thing, look for it, maybe, August.

I am hyped about the solid wood case

4. haha

haha New Member

ya i was thinking the same thing about a fridge...i think the oil adds extra cooling...correct me if im wrong somebody...n the creator still isnt satisfied w/ the temperature..so ya thats y i think it is

5. ezefosure

ezefosure New Member

I am really curious as to how much extra cooling the oil adds as oposed to simply sitting in the fridge.

6. tlarkin

tlarkin VIP Member

yeah okay so you got your PC in a tub of oil, but can you deep try tacos and jalapeƱo poppers in it? That would be a cool trick!

7. nexolus

nexolus New Member

lol way to dig up a post. i wonder what happened with it.

8. cryption

cryption New Member

It ran like that for months, but then I decided to move and didn't take it with me. A shame, I know, but it was a fun project while it lasted.

And no I couldn't fry things in it, but when my friend mistakenly set his beer in it he got a nice stain on his pants an hour later. That's even better.

9. Campo

Campo banned

So you threw it out?

10. Matt_91

Matt_91 Member

this thread has been reawakened once more. Shame about getting rid of it.

11. cryption

cryption New Member

yeah had to get rid of it when I moved. Since this, I made a couple other little oil cooled projects ... but I have been playing around with peltiers lately.

12. lovely?

lovely? Active Member

wow i remember watching this thread months ago, it was really interesting and for the most part still is.

while i'm here i wanted to ask if you could post some pictures of your latest project involving those peltiers, mby ill do the same thing later on

13. magichater

magichater New Member

that's really cool m8 good luck with it [​IMG]