oil cooled pc (pic intensive)

that's cool, I might build a case out of wood and plexiglass(however u spell that) and use a type of freon cooling. I will be working in a heating/cooling biz's office this summer so, I could learn some thermal tricks. The wooden case would look awesome, though, sanded down and stained like mahogany.

haha

and oil is a lubricant, so it woulden't wear down anything thats moving.

upgrading would be a huge pain with that.
but, coulden't you have pretty much the same resaults by just having the pc in the frige without the oil? it'd basicly be a temperature controlled environment like net centers use for the racked PCs.

ya i was thinking the same thing about a fridge...i think the oil adds extra cooling...correct me if im wrong somebody...n the creator still isnt satisfied w/ the temperature..so ya thats y i think it is

tlarkin

VIP Member
yeah okay so you got your PC in a tub of oil, but can you deep try tacos and jalapeño poppers in it? That would be a cool trick!

cryption

lol way to dig up a post. i wonder what happened with it.

It ran like that for months, but then I decided to move and didn't take it with me. A shame, I know, but it was a fun project while it lasted.

And no I couldn't fry things in it, but when my friend mistakenly set his beer in it he got a nice stain on his pants an hour later. That's even better.

cryption

yeah had to get rid of it when I moved. Since this, I made a couple other little oil cooled projects ... but I have been playing around with peltiers lately.

lovely?

wow i remember watching this thread months ago, it was really interesting and for the most part still is.

while i'm here i wanted to ask if you could post some pictures of your latest project involving those peltiers, mby ill do the same thing later on

magichater

that's really cool m8 good luck with it
08419be897405321542838d77f855226.jpg