oil cooled pc (pic intensive)

dmw2692004

What if it starts hydrogenating again? Then you'll be stuck with a margarine covered mobo.

If there is a fishtank pump in the oil, wount it be constantly be circulating the oil so it doesnt stand still thus making it pretty hard to hydrogenate again?

PohTayToez

Inside a refrigerator, there is bound to be some condensation, and not every part of the oil is going always moving, so I imagine if he keeps it running long enough, margarine will start to form in all the little crevices.

TheOrteganator

I think this is a very cool idea, and a great project. For everyday use, though, not so sure. I just think that this is bound to eventually cause some kind of problems. And even if it didn't, a fridge dosen't fit under my desk as well as the computer case.

18* C... that's incredible. Mine idles at like 35.

cryption

i still haven't gotten around to hooking up a radiator .. has some exams during the week. Hopefully this weekend I can get it running even cooler and what not

lee101

VIP Member
Very nice little PC, well, big including the fridge. Have you throught of taking ot out of the fridge, and trying to cook chips in the oil.
Now that would be energy efficiency ;)

Risingtide93

Nice oily rig....:)

I just hope that it won't get PHAT and obese :p
which will make yer rig "slower" if you know what I mean...:rolleyes:

PohTayToez

Very nice little PC, well, big including the fridge. Have you throught of taking ot out of the fridge, and trying to cook chips in the oil.
Now that would be energy efficiency ;)

I think if he took it out of the fridge, he might end up cooking some chips regardless.

:p:p:p

X24

very nice! i didn't know that about vegitable oil, probably not much in power because of the low end cpu, but very VERY nice OC

haha

wow this...is amazing....i was shocked when i saw the monitor on...i never new u could do something like this....haha who else would try something as interesting as this? the temps look so amazing

im just wondering...so the oil doesnt...for a lack of a better word....mess up the parts?

PohTayToez

Why would it? It doesn't conduct electricity. The only thing it could hurt is drives... and maybe the powersupply.

Why does everyone keep the powersupply out of it... how can it be hurt?

zaroba

and oil is a lubricant, so it woulden't wear down anything thats moving.

upgrading would be a huge pain with that.
but, coulden't you have pretty much the same resaults by just having the pc in the frige without the oil? it'd basicly be a temperature controlled environment like net centers use for the racked PCs.