OMG!! 640MB GFx Card!!! PCI-Express

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Nah, its max refresh rate is only 50 Hz at 3840 x 2400 resolution... Piece of junk... :p

ThePCmaN

but who uses that resolution?!? lol... so its prolly better when u use like .. 1024x768 or w/e most people use!! but damn.. thats ALOT of money..

ThePCmaN

dang.. its gonna be NUTS when 512MB GFx Cards start comin out as a normal GFx Card.. they'll be expensive.. and u wont even need it.. games dont even really require 256MB video cards.. so 512MB GFx Cards shouldnt come out for awhile... we dont even need em ... at all!! lol

ZER0X

VIP Member
Actually with Doom3 you cant get the best graphics from it yet, you can only ge "HIGH" because with the 512mb Graphics cards you can get "ULTRA" I read up about it.....it's somewere on another thread???? :)

ZER0X

VIP Member
ThePCmaN said:
i read a thing in 1 of my magazines.. and a Quake 4 is comin out, sayin it will replace Doom 3 !!

so they say :p

Technology gets better everyday....it just keeps growing will it ever stop :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but who uses that resolution?!?
For what that card is designed for, the people who use them

lol... so its prolly better when u use like .. 1024x768
1. It better
2. I cant see anything with 10x7
3. Those resolutions are worthless for the application of that card

OMG!! 640MB GFx Card!!! PCI-Express
Whoopee... theyve had those types of cards for a LONG time. 512MB has been the standard for ~4 years now.

WOW I knew they were bringing 512mb GFX cards but they already have have a 640mb GFX card well....I reckon when ATI or NVIDIA bring out there 512mb Graphics cards then it will wipe the floor with this graphics card eventhough this had more
FOr some reason I think everone here is missing the fact that this is a workstation card... not a consumer card. BIG difference. That card would get destroyed trying to play Doom3 (not to mention the fact that it prolly doesnt support DirectX too well)

so 512MB GFx Cards shouldnt come out for awhile...
Note that the Detonator 68.11s support 512MB cards.......

you can only ge "HIGH" because with the 512mb Graphics cards you can get "ULTRA" I read up about it.....it's somewere on another thread
You can play on Ultra with 128MB.

ThePCmaN

umm.. 512MB GFx Cards havent been standard for 4 years.. sorry, but 512MB graphics cards havent!! maybe RAM.. but not GFx Cards!! and i wouldnt expect people to buy this card anyways.. it was just crazy when i saw it..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
umm.. 512MB GFx Cards havent been standard for 4 years.. sorry, but 512MB graphics cards havent!!
Yes they have. If you look carefully, I qualified that the videocard was a WORKSTATION card (i.e., renderfarms, people-who-make-movies, people-who-do-serious-animation) -- NOT a CONSUMER card like say the GeForces etc

and I wouldnt expect people to buy this card anyways..
Thats because its a workstation card and not a consumer card.

ThePCmaN

then its not a standard card... lol.. if its not out for the public, and the everyday gamer to buy.. and everyone cant use it!! so.. therefore its not a standard GFx Card..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
then its not a standard card
I never said it was. Like I said...... its a workstation card.

and the everyday gamer to buy
You wouldnt want to play games on it.

but its not the regular everyday GFx Card.. 512MB isnt standard today.. 256MB is standard!!
1. NOBODY SAID IT WAS A REGULAR CARD
2. *I* said it was a *WORKSTATION* card and *NOT* a *CONSUMER* card :)
3. 256MB and 512MB workstation cards have been around for a long time :)

ThePCmaN

" Whoopee... theyve had those types of cards for a LONG time. 512MB has been the standard for ~4 years now. "

actually... u did say it was a standard card...