Opera, Firefox or IE

willsteele

Anyone use Opera? I switch back and forth between Firefox (most functions) and IE (ftp work). What do others use and for what?

lee101

VIP Member
FIREFOX, all the time, apart from when testing web sites i have designed, then i just wuickly look and shut asap

4W4K3

VIP Member
elmarcorulz said:
tbh, i dont see why people say its faster. IE is just as fast for me.

Have you configured it? There are hundreds of optimizations you can do with it to make it faster.

tweaker

VIP Member
It's popular to say that FF is faster, it is however impossible.
(time to launch and fully load the browser)

FF is a standalone application to load, Explorer is not. FF has other advantages though, but I'll stick with IE, I really like it. :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
The only thing I really use Firefox for is tabbed browsing, and session saver. If IE had these, and was optimizable like FF, I'd use it anyday.

computerhakk

VIP Member
IE. depends on where you visit i guess. tabbed browsing? oh yea i got it on IE. faster? oh yea, just as fast. how? oh, IE beta 7. seem to be working better than IE 6, firefox, opera.

OS Dragon

I tried Opera and I didn't like it very much, specially the fee. I have used IE for a very long time but I will stick with Firefox. FF is faster than IE 6 and more realiable. Theres quite a few ways to optimize FF.

Verve

I use FF for about 40% of my stuff. Sometimes my IE downloads will freeze, so its good to have a reliable program. Its very nice, but it can't replace IE completely.

SAAER45

Everyone seems to rave about firefox, I tried it and couldn't see how it was any better than IE. The first thing I noticed on Firefox is that when you open the program it takes a while to start up. Just my opinion.

Chris Chan

FF for broadband, IE for dialup. That's what works for me. And I usu have a FF window open all the time on my broadband.

willsteele

SAAER45 said:
Everyone seems to rave about firefox, I tried it and couldn't see how it was any better than IE. The first thing I noticed on Firefox is that when you open the program it takes a while to start up. Just my opinion.

I've been playing with my browsers a lot lately watching CPU usage and thread size. FF seems to be quite a bit larger than IE, but, once it gets going, runs better, provided you aren't too near your memory ceiling. Overall, I find FF cleaner than IE, but have been using IE for so long, it's a sort of default brain set. It does have some cool plugins though. I have dnsstuff toolbar installed on my Mozilla at work. Very fun at times.

spazz31585

i have never used opera. i've only used ie and ff
but personally, i am a firefox user all the way
still good to keep ie for certain things, but not very much. to me, IE is just too dangerous to use. back before i started using FF, i was constantly loaded with spyware. since i've been with FF, i have not found any yet. and the tabbed browsing is much more effective.
also i agree with something posted earlier about the extensions. the adblock extension is awesome. helps pages load a whole lot faster