Optical Mice

that is very awesome. i want to see some of these pics when you come up with a finished project...i want to do it too but, i dont have mice to be throwing around and screwing up on ^^ but keep me posted on how it goes!

vladimirbot

the best optical mouse ever is the Logitech MX 700, yes it is wireless with 8 buttons, count them 8!! plus the battery is rechargeable so u dont have to change it. it is costly at $70, but I still got it

littlenicky

optical mice are alot better especially because you dont have to clean them as ofter and they dont get stuck on one half of the screen(this is good especially if u are a gamer

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Wireless optical mouse are pretty damn sweet although I can perhaps see its lack of functionality in the workplace and it's penchant for trouble in a school environment but at home I love it. I use the Logitech Elite Mouse
lced8thumb.jpg

A good solid mouse all-around with roughly 3 weeks of battery life on normal alkilines (of course ive been using PureEnergy rechargables which normally give 2 weeks of use except these batteries have been recharged 100+ times so ... back to alkalines). I think this is the last (wireless at least) mouse made by logitech that didnt feature "useless" buttons (i.e., on the MX series of mice, there are those obscure "dot buttons" where you have to contort your fingers into painful configurations to press :p)

On the other side, Microsoft wireless mice (or at least some of them), have a really kewl feature in that they only require one battery two run so I could use them with my dead PureEnergies hehe.

Nephilim

VIP Member
I'll chime in here.

I got the Logitech cordless MX Duo (mouse/keyboard) about six months ago for $64 and I can't imagine being without them now! The MX700 mouse feels really good and has outstanding precision and tracking. The reciever doubles as the charger for the mouse so you never have to worry about running out of batteries. Personally, I can't find a bad thing to say about this setup :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
i hate wireless. had 2 die on me, they randomly open programs and move around the screen...then they died. wired optical for me:) nothing better in my opinion. plus with wireless i can feel the lag behind the movement...it pisses me off! lol. :mad:

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
That just means new batteries :)

lol no they dont work at all. i tried energizer, duracell, and rechargable batteries and they still randomly move around the screen and sometimes they lose connection and wont connect again till you reboot your machine. they were my mom and sisters mice i tried to fix...they just refuse to work lol. ive had my wired optical for 1-2yrs (?) and its never failed me, i even took it to pieces and painted it to match my case. i prefer simple i guess...lol. :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
WTF lol.... can't say ive ever encountered something like that before :p

they were the cheap blue ones, not anything fancy. i guess if you go cheap on accessories go wired...but if you have some $$$$, higher quality wireless is the way to go.