Overclocking E2160 (Help?)

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yeah and it's weird (right now I'm on my dad's comp) when I try to set the FSB at 333 (3.0GHz) when I boot Vista, once I'm in windows it sometimes says either multiplier at 6 FSB 200 or sometimes it shows the stock settings (as if changes in the BIOS weren't done) which is multi at 9 FSB at 200...

Any comments on how I can disable that? and BTW nevermind about the C1E, I couldn't find it either, so both the C1E and SpeedStep I need to disable but can't find... :(

Ramodkk

VIP Member
On a forum, someone said it may be called "CPU Enhanced Halt " instead of C1E

See if you can find that

Yeah I found it, disabled both C1E and EIST (and SmartFAN)

Omar, have you pressed Crtl + F1 to get the advanced options...

Yeah I manually set timings to 4-4-4-12

Now I have a bigger problem. Even with C1E and ESIT disabled, the comp won't do ANY changes I do on the BIOS! :(

I set it to all kinds of FSB and CPU voltage combinations including the last OC I had stable (2.7GHz vCore=1.33125V) and they all just return to normal specs once Vista loads. :confused:

Should I take out and replace the CMOS battery off the mobo??

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yeah maybe, but the default timings and voltage of my RAM is 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2V. I have manually set both settings on BIOS. SHould I try settings those settings in "Auto"?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I've tried everything! It won't do any changes! :(

And yes, I am pressing the F10 and chosing "Exit and save? / Y" :p :p

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Turn off the C1E and EIST, see if that helps! :)

Yeah thanks, I have both turned off, and nothing. :mad:

Damn. Keep us updated. :mad:

Yeah, thanks for the help so far guys.

Do you all think that letting the comp turned off for awhile could help? Also, I read one time somewhere that you could remove the CMOS battery from the mobo and that would reset something... I don't know.

:eek:

Kornowski

VIP Member
If you take the CMOS battery out, it'll put everything back to stock. What did younchange for this to happen?

Dont worry, we'll get it sorted! :)

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Last thing I did was set CPu voltage to 1.5V and then 1.4V this was to get the 3.0GHz but it never showed up as 3.0GHz. That's the last thing I did before it started not-doing changes.

Do you think I messed the mobo up? :eek:

I guess I can reset by taking the battery out. Is there a certain amount of time that you have to keep it out of the mobo?

Thanks!

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow though, I'm tired of trying to get a stable OC today, been doing it for 6 hours straight!! :D

For now, I just cut the power to the power supply, see if that maybe could help. I hope I get it sorted cause I had been waiting for this build for a long time. THen we ordered and there was a problem so I had to wait extra time to get it and now this, I just have bad luck! :(

But, afterall, we gotta believe in Mr Owl's rig dont we? ;)

Thanks for the help so far... :)

Ramodkk

VIP Member
You guys don't know how happy I am! So yesterday it was late so I decided that I would take the battery out for some minutes, plug it back in and leave the computer with no power feed unti the next day.

Today I come from school, turn it on, go to the BIOS and everything was on stock so I set everything up and I'm running back at 2.7GHz! :D :D

Now I'm gonna be careful about the CPU voltage cause setting it at 1.5V is what I think messed the BIOS up last time.

Off to eat :p

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yeah man, it's great! :)

Right now I'm checking stability @ 3.0GHz ;)

*edit* BTW, how do you know when to stop OC'ing?

Last edited: