Overclocking QX6700

Hanzu

I got it to 3.47 GHz from 2.66

Mutilpier is at x13
and fsb isnt touched yet, i tryed raising it to 1100 from 1066 but kept getting the CPU test to free.

I tryed leaving the mutiplier at default ( x10 ) and raised the fsb all the way to 1200 . it worked and it stopped at 3.30 ghz but tryed to raise the mutiplier to x11 , then got BSOD.

voltges r all auto except for these
CPU Core: 1.45V
CPU FSB: 1.5V
nForce SPP: 1.50V

any ideas how i can take it higher then 3.47 w/out getting ot freeze on CPU tests using ( 3dmark 06)

ETSA

Those motherboards are not the best for over clocking , however not the worst. You could try to increase you vcore or lower memory timings. It's a crap shoot you just have to play with it. You are entering a OC zone that require more risk than the average OC'er with C2D. Good Luck.

Jet

VIP Member
The motherboard has 333Mhz FSB support, so you should be able to easily hit "1333" on the motherboard without doing much. Maybe the memory is the limiter; you might have to raise the voltages on your memory to get to stock voltages (some memory requires 2.1V or more, the Dominator series is a voltage hog, going easily up to 2.4V ).

joeswm8

try putting memory at unlinked and jacking volts a little higher to 1.5

i got the fsb to 1600 so thats not your limiter. its most likely your vcore

Hanzu

try putting memory at unlinked and jacking volts a little higher to 1.5

i got the fsb to 1600 so thats not your limiter. its most likely your vcore

hmm ok, lowest i can take the memory voltge is 1.85v.. there is no option for 1.5v . anyways currently
i got it at x13 Multiplier
and fsb is at default 1066.

should i take leave the multiplier alone take it bakc to x10.
raise the memory voltge to 2.0 and take it the memory to 1333? like the other poster said

joeswm8

WOAH NOW AHW

are you kidding? lol

listen, i was a little unclear:

1)change memory to unlinked
2)CPU vcore to 1.5
3)try raising FSB at 13x
4)try multiplier at 10x and raising FSB

Hanzu

WOAH NOW AHW

are you kidding? lol

listen, i was a little unclear:

1)change memory to unlinked
2)CPU vcore to 1.5
3)try raising FSB at 13x
4)try multiplier at 10x and raising FSB

kk
vcore , i took it from 1.45 to 1.5

took mulit to x10 and tryed the 1300 fsb .. = bsod ( dont know whats the big deal )

but what i gained from that 1.5v, i was able to leave the multi at x13 and took teh fsb from 1066 to 1111 ( lol )
now im at from 2.66 to 3.61 GHz.. havnt ran a CPU test yet, but i will in a sec, i'll do post edit after i do

Hanzu

yep, it froze wierd, which voltges is it safe to increase/decrease or w/e to be able to OC using the mult only?

joeswm8

i dunno about using multiplier only

try 1.5v at 9x and 1600fsb for fun. e6600 territory, see what it does

did you disable all the spread spectrum stuff?

Hanzu

i dunno about using multiplier only

try 1.5v at 9x and 1600fsb for fun. e6600 territory, see what it does

did you disable all the spread spectrum stuff?

ok when u say 1.5v, increase the CPU Core from 1.45 to 1.5v right and 9x. u saying lower my CPU Multiplier to x9?? and take the FSB (QDR), MHz from 1066 to 1600??

my MEM ( DDR), MHz says 800... i never touched that, should i turnthat to 1066? since my ram is DDR2 1066? or that got nothing to do with it?

joeswm8

change your mem to unlinked, its really important, and put it at 1066 and dont touch it

and yes i said change your multiplier to 9x and fsb to 1600

DDR and DDR2 are interchangable in the bios

Hanzu

change your mem to unlinked, its really important, and put it at 1066 and dont touch it

and yes i said change your multiplier to 9x and fsb to 1600

DDR and DDR2 are interchangable in the bios

ahh ok DDR will be left at 800 then if u said it cant be changed or touched etc.

u said leave the fsb at 1066 and dont touch it, then u said take it all the way to 1600.. and x9 multiplier..

what happen is, it didnt even boot, it gave me a warrning saying i need to go abck to config and change stuff.. am i supppose to ignore that ? well i dint ignore i changed it back to what it was .

joeswm8

no i said put your RAM at unlinked and at 1066 and dont touch it from there

did you disable all the spread spectrums? theres a section with them and disable all of them, there are like 6

i dont get why it isnt working. start at your stock and only raise the FSB 40mhz at a time

Last edited:

ETSA

take small steps up..

It took me one whole evening to achieve my OC, it is stable and I believe I have optimized the settings...

I also still run torture tests to ensure stability..

Hanzu

no i said put your RAM at unlinked and at 1066 and dont touch it from there

did you disable all the spread spectrums? theres a section with them and disable all of them, there are like 6

i dont get why it isnt working. start at your stock and only raise the FSB 40mhz at a time

yes disabled

i followed the steps here on this website

http://pc.ign.com/articles/747/747606p2.html

but i can only take it to 1200.. that is it using their specs/and whatever they asked to disable and the voltges..

Hanzu

joeswm8

how much money do you have?? lol

for that much just go custom watercoolong

and back to your OC:
1)reset CMOS
2)only dsiable spectrums and reset your other specs, but not what ign told you
2)try 1.55v at stock multiplier and stock FSB and set ram to 1066 and unlinked
3)raise FSB by 40 booting each time until you cant boot
5)then tell us when you cant boot

after that raise FSBv and those other voltages by only one notch and vcore by a couple notches and keep going until you cant boot