Overclocking QX6700

Hanzu

how much money do you have?? lol

for that much just go custom watercoolong

and back to your OC:
2)try 1.55v at stock multiplier and stock FSB and set ram to 1066 and by a couple notches and keep going until you cant boot

at stock multiplier? u mean CPU Core v?

Jet

VIP Member
You need to raise the voltages on your memory, and put them at a lower divider. Unlinked doesn't provide good performance. I would say to put it at a 1:1 Divider (which would be equivalent to DDR2-533 at stock speeds). In other words, set the memory to DDR2-533 in the BIOS. Raise the memory voltage up to 2.1V

Hanzu

You need to raise the voltages on your memory, and put them at a lower divider. Unlinked doesn't provide good performance. I would say to put it at a 1:1 Divider (which would be equivalent to DDR2-533 at stock speeds). In other words, set the memory to DDR2-533 in the BIOS. Raise the memory voltage up to 2.1V

,my DDR is already at 800.. and thats like the default.. everytime i change that i get bsod

Jet

VIP Member
You need to lower it to DDR2-533 and up the Voltage for the memory to 2.1V. That's the only way you are going to get this to work. And if it is BSOD, then you may have a problem with the motherboard.

Geoff

VIP Member
Remember, usually the BIOS doesnt report the effective speed, but the actual speed. So DDR2-1066 may show up as 533.

Hanzu

You need to lower it to DDR2-533 and up the Voltage for the memory to 2.1V. That's the only way you are going to get this to work. And if it is BSOD, then you may have a problem with the motherboard.

your right ok atm i got it set to this, and i went from 2.66 to 3.74

CPU core 1.56
FSB 1.5 ( it cant go higher )
memory ( 2.1v )
nForce ( 1.5v ) i still didnt change that to auto ( should ii? )

multiplier is x13 ( everytime i go higher, it bsod, do i raise the cpu core for that one ? )
and my QDR is 1150

any suggestions?

Geoff

VIP Member
3.74Ghz is a great overclock, alot of people cant get above 3.2 or 3.4Ghz with the E6600 or E6700. Try running 3DMark06 when its at 3.74Ghz.

Tell me when you want to overclock the video card as well.

Hanzu

ok its at 3.71 ghz.. and i logged into windows perfectly, only problem is, it freezes on the CPU test 1 on 3dmark.. here are my settings, let me know what i should lower or increase please

Voltges:
CPU Core - 1.6v
CPU FSB - 1.5v ( cant go higher)
Memory - 2.1v
nForce SPP - 1.5v
nForce MCP -Auto
HT nForce SPP <-> MCP - auto

FSB config
CPU Multiplier - 13x
FSB Memory Clock Mode - Unlinked
FSB ( QDR ) - [ 1140 ]
Mem ( DDR ) MHz - 533 ( at default it was 800 )

Hanzu

Ohh. So you aren't linking your FSB and memory..

was i suppose to link @@;;;

is it differnt for quad exterme and btw

should i remove 2gigs of the ram from my tower? leave it at 2GB or it shouldnt matter?

Hanzu

i got another successfull overclock.. 3.59 !

here are the specs i have

Voltges:
CPU Core - 1.6v
Memory - 2.1v
nForce SPP - 1.5v
nForce MCP -Auto

FSB config
CPU Multiplier - 13x
FSB ( QDR ) - [ 1106 ]

Hanzu

i got another successfull overclock.. 3.59 !

here are the specs i have

Voltges:
CPU Core - 1.6v
Memory - 2.1v
nForce SPP - 1.5v
nForce MCP -Auto

FSB config
CPU Multiplier - 13x
FSB ( QDR ) - [ 1106 ]

ignore that post
i dont get whats wrong, 3dmark ran fine, now it locks up at cpu test agian

im back to the previous overclock , lowerd cpu core to 1.55 and 1066 fsb

joeswm8

your RAM is running at half of what you payed, you can put it at 1066 and get your full pay. it wont affect your OC at all since they are unlinked

Jet

VIP Member
DON'T Run your memory unlinked!!! How many times do I have to say that. You'll get better performance with it linked.