Overclocking RAM and BIOS bootup questions

ssal

This is a continuum of this post. I have some affiliated questions that's more urgent and critical. That's why I am starting a new post that is more specific to those problem.

I have not done anything to the BIOS to ram up the speed of the ram yet. But I've been in and out of the BIOS to look for information and get myself familiar with the interface.

In the previous few times, when I exited the BIOS with or without saving the change, the CPU fans would stay on and the machine would seem to go on and off a few times and it would boot normally.

This morning, I tried rebooting it. All I got was the ASRock screen (with the instruction to press F2, F11, Tab, etc.). The CPU fan is turning but it just stayed there. Never booted. I waited over 10 minutes.

That got me really anxious.

I finally stick a boot USB in and press F12 to get into the BIOS. It took a long time. But I was able to change the boot order to the USB and booted from it, although it took an extraordinary long time.

I did it a couple of times, and the machine seems to boot up normally now (I am still afraid to power it down).

Can someone who is more experience with this process give me some insight into what happened? Is it normal? If it doesn't boot, what should I do?

Thanks.

Intel_man

VIP Member
This morning, I tried rebooting it. All I got was the ASRock screen (with the instruction to press F2, F11, Tab, etc.). The CPU fan is turning but it just stayed there. Never booted. I waited over 10 minutes.
Do you remember if you changed a specific setting in the BIOS the night before starting it up in the morning?

Could you get into the BIOS without having to access the boot menu?

ssal

Do you remember if you changed a specific setting in the BIOS the night before starting it up in the morning?

Could you get into the BIOS without having to access the boot menu?
I don't recall changing anything the last time I was in the BIOS.
The only way to get into the BIOS is to boot the machine and press F2 or F11. Is there any other way?