PC Games Blacklist

zombine210

i see what you mean.

i created this thread after having to jump through hoops to play dark souls. then included MoH:W after thinking further about the issue.

perhaps a better title should be: "PC games that lack support" or "things to know before you buy"

if i'd had known about the control issue with dark souls i definitely wouldn't have bought it. that plus it uses GfWL

zombine210

didn't buy it through steam and amazon didn't mention the xbox controller was strongly recommended.

also, i didn't have enough time to read all the review and issues revolving the port to pc.

Punk

Staff member
I don't see how this thread could be anything else than people bashing games they didn't like... and if it's the way this thread is going to then I'll say I'm pretty disappointed with Rainbow Six vegas right now, played for an hour but didn't like it that much.

spirit

Staff member
I didn't like the original Need For Speed Shift much. Other than that, every game I've bought I've been happy with really.

Darren

Staff member
I'm not gonna say a specific game but basically anything that uses any type of DRM from EA makes me most unhappy. Also Games From Windows Live gives EA a run for it's money on horrible programs that you have to use alongside games. I know a lot of people dislike Steam for this but Steam is a walk in the park compared to Origin and games that need GFWL.

wolfeking

banned
I have to agree with the origin DRM. I liked the original MOH (2010), but they only allow it to be installed 5 time, and do not in the least let you know that you need to deactivate it to avoid the number. So 5 OS reinstalls and your game is a perfectly good waste of $20.

CNC 4 was even worse. Only 1 activation before it is locked down.

mrgcat

MoH will essentially become a single player game.

Dark Souls still works perfectly fine with a controller or with a mod.

If you want to play offline and enjoy the game, MoH is still perfectly fine, if you don't mind playing with a controller or prefer it, or if you are willing to spend a couple of minutes getting the mouse and keyboard working, Dark Souls is fine.

To say avoid this game because x, y and z, because it does not affect some people's decision, that is subjective. You may as well have started a thread saying "games to avoid because I don't like them", the whole thing is subjective.

Yes, it sucks that EA have pulled support on a game that isn't even a year old, but it doesn't detract from the quality of the offline play

I remember when the series was good, with Allied Assault and Spearhead and that lot, they where the best MoH IMO.

Darren

Staff member
I have to agree with the origin DRM. I liked the original MOH (2010), but they only allow it to be installed 5 time, and do not in the least let you know that you need to deactivate it to avoid the number. So 5 OS reinstalls and your game is a perfectly good waste of $20.

CNC 4 was even worse. Only 1 activation before it is locked down.

I didn't know you had to deactivate Origin. Probably won't be an issue but wish I had done that before I reinstalled...

I was only able to use my code for NFS HP once (maybe twice). Now since I reinstalled I don't have any online features or anything else. Just singleplayer.

lucasbytegenius

Add Minecraft to the list, terrible bloated piece of trash that Mojang refuses to fix, instead they hire idiots like Dinnerbone to add more trash.

wolfeking

banned
I didn't know you had to deactivate Origin. Probably won't be an issue but wish I had done that before I reinstalled...

I was only able to use my code for NFS HP once (maybe twice). Now since I reinstalled I don't have any online features or anything else. Just singleplayer.
not origin, you have to deactivate the game via a tool they publish, but don't tell you about until you need it, and then it is too late.

Punk

Staff member
I remember when the series was good, with Allied Assault and Spearhead and that lot, they where the best MoH IMO.

Yeah I used to play online MoH:AA, Spearhead and Breakthough a lot. Those were awesome games!