Pc just refuses to restart

Tapir

Update

My new board (P4C800-DXE) and parts came of friday july 30th. As of thursday july 29th this dam board (A7N8X) has been behaving like a charm. I did nothing to it. It just started behaving. Yesterday I removed all hard drives and cdrom. Replaced with a new hard drive and cdrom. After all the installations o/s, patches etc not one bit of problem. It reboots and starts when I want - 3 days now. Hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL glad you got it working! :) Sounds like maybe a connection was loose? I just took my tower to peices yesterday and had a big problem gettin it to powerup properly because the soundcard was loose :p

Tapir

Yes, you know after I spent all this money on the new one. But then again I normally upgrade every 12 to 18 months so... I bought this last year June I think it was.

If it continues behaving for another week will sell of to pay for the new one. Thanks again to all.

Tapir

UPDATE

"Strange thing happen last night. We had 2 power failure between 5 pm and 9 pm. (The Pc just shut down - ups apparently no good.) However, each time the power came on back I pressed the start switch and bingo it booted. Normally it would take up to 6 hours before it could start again. Would it have something to do with the windows shut down? Bear in mind that if I start it with startup disk and try to reboot it will not." (This is copied from a previous post I made.)

Ever since the above happened I have had this feeling about the CPU.

I thought I should bring this up once more. I have been using this PC of and on since my last post. It continued doing the same thing. Two days ago I bought an A7V266-C to put together a system for my son. I borrowed the Athlon XP 2200+ I have in the A7N8X. It did not work. I then went "hunting" for another Athlon XP. Managed to find an Athlon XP 2400+. I dropped it into the board (A7N8X). This board has been working great since. Been doing a lot of stuff with it and no problem. I just love the speed with which this system works.

All along it was the dam CPU.......!!!!

SO.... maybe I can now close this thread!!!!! Thanks again for all the discussions guys.

Last edited: