PC Pleb needs your help

Intel_man

VIP Member
(Watch, there will be a reply after mine from somebody going DERP ALL EVGA POWER SUPPLIES IS AWESOME!!! But that is not the case.)
Seriously... you should consider just stop posting all together.

In the other thread, another member was thinking of grabbing the RMi PSU and you went full derp and said they're bad PSU... I asked where you heard they were bad and you provided links to a test of ANOTHER completely different PSU.

No one, and I mean NO ONE was being fanboy towards Corsair. I was simply pointing out your errors into dismissing a particular PSU because you got your facts wrong. Deal with it.

C4C

It has good reviews from people who don't know what a good power supply is. Don't get me wrong, it's better than a diablotek, it's just not great. Like I said nothing will blow up. You will be ok.

Please. You keep coming up with irrelevant opinions that are just pulled out your ass. The Corsair CX series is a fine line. I had my FX-8320 overclocked to 4.7GHz on it with an R9 390 (CX750). My 860K/280X build ran OC'd on a CX650. One friend runs his HTPC on a CX430, and his i7-6700K/GTX1080 on a CX750. Little brother has a FX-6300/750Ti on a CX500, and another friend is running some i3 setup on a CX430. Current build is running a RMi 750.

If you'd like to continue this conversation in private, message me. But I will stand up for the community when a loudmouth comes in and hijacks a thread with their own propaganda.

Think of all the PSU's sold, then count up the number of ones failed... It's a very slim amount. I built all of the rigs listed above (- the i3), and none have had an issue.
Seriously... you should consider just stop posting all together.

No one, and I mean NO ONE was being fanboy towards Corsair. I was simply pointing out your errors into dismissing a particular PSU because you got your facts wrong. Deal with it.

^^

EDIT: I have created many lists with SeaSonic/EVGA PSU's in the past but I fall partial to Corsair because their products have been reliable for me.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Please. You keep coming up with irrelevant opinions that are just pulled out your ass. The Corsair CX series is a fine line. I had my FX-8320 overclocked to 4.7GHz on it with an R9 390 (CX750). My 860K/280X build ran OC'd on a CX650. One friend runs his HTPC on a CX430, and his i7-6700K/GTX1080 on a CX750. Little brother has a FX-6300/750Ti on a CX500, and another friend is running some i3 setup on a CX430. Current build is running a RMi 750.

If you'd like to continue this conversation in private, message me. But I will stand up for the community when a loudmouth comes in and hijacks a thread with their own propaganda.

Think of all the PSU's sold, then count up the number of ones failed... It's a very slim amount. I've never had an issue with my Corsair PSU's. I built all of the rigs listed above (- the i3), and none have had an issue.

^^

Word.

I've put CX600's in probably 6-8 builds now, all gaming builds on AMD hardware (and guess what, those like power!).

The first one that gave any inclination of a problem? Mine. 4 years of hard use and the fan bearing went out and got noisy. Replaced it immediately with a CX600M. That first CX600 that I had is actually now in another machine and the fan is quiet again and still kicking that machine along too. Yeah they're not the absolute highest quality but for the price their a damn good PSU.

Reactions: C4C

Darren

Staff member
Here's another one. This one doesn't even know the difference between their and they're. Nice. I've had 2 CX die in builds I have done. Also, if you look at reviews from people who actually measure things like ripple and have proper equipment, no CX is not terrific. No it is not terrific for the price. Seasonic SSR G-550 is, in most countries, only 15-20% more expensive than CX600 and is gold rated and outputs cleaner power.

I'm starting to dislike this forum. Bunch of little vaginas here who get their backs up. "I spent money on that part how dare you talk crap about it?". What are you guys, seven years old and getting mad at your friend who has N64 for saying it's better than your Sega Saturn?

Get a life, all of you. Just pathetic.

Lol resorting to grammar insults. K. Ya got me there.

Feel free to leave.

Reactions: C4C

Laquer Head

I'm starting to dislike this forum. Bunch of little vaginas here who get their backs up. "I spent money on that part how dare you talk crap about it?". What are you guys, seven years old and getting mad at your friend who has N64 for saying it's better than your Sega Saturn?

Get a life, all of you. Just pathetic.

door.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

C4C

Ooooh I confused RM with RMi why don't you just start tying that noose and you guys can all lynch me tonight.

It's so easy to spot the "Career nerds" on these forums. Never had sex. Never done drugs. Never had a drink. Pwns noobs in online games, pwns "normal people" like me on online forums. You guys really get off on it don't you?

1. If you're a "normal" person, why do you throw facts around like you know more than the people who work in the tech industry?

2. I doubt you read the article that you linked about the RMi (it's irrelevant now)

3. Personal insults are immature, and you're the one trying to get at us? LOL :D

4. If you've had 2 CX's die, say that and only that. Be helpful: "I've had two CX PSU's die on me so I recommend getting a SeaSonic or EVGA instead"

oh and edit: Sega Saturn's have finally been cracked... It only took 20 years which means it was quite amazing at keeping 3rd parties out!

Last edited:

Intel_man

VIP Member
@mistersprinkles, your immaturity is hilarious.

Never had I once put you on the spot for choosing a Seasonic over other brands. As you said, people are to have opinions on this forum. That's great. I respect that. But when you then go to make a mistake and say a particular hardware is a bad product but is based off of wrong information, that is where I draw the line. Nothing wrong with being incorrect, just admit it and move on. You just chose to go all defensive, make stupid comments, and start to insult others.

I'm all for learning about any hardware issues that I'm aware of as that will give me a better understanding to what I should help members here with there questions. Just make sure they're accurate as possible.

Mattels07

Well I got the message today that I figured I was going to get... The guy that was selling those GTX1060s on eBay didn't have them on hand, and thought he was just going to go to his supplier and grab them - wrong.

His message said in part -

"We are sorry to inform you that the item you purchased went out of stock before your order could be fulfilled."

And other gems such as -

"According to our purchasing manager, we are experiencing such shortages that our there is no confirmed ETA for this item from our vendor. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience."

Basically they don't have anything in stock - nor will they anytime soon. My favorite line was the last one -

"Once again, we greatly apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding in this matter."

I don't understand a damn thing, you don't get a pass! I told them to cancel my order - bastards.

Pisses me off that people sell stuff they dont physically have.. Oh well - I ended up going to NCIX and bought the same card shipped from Canada for $10 bucks more... We will see how long it takes to actually get it.

Rant over.

Intel_man

VIP Member
You can do 2 things with Ebay. Give him a bad rating, which sellers absolutely hate as it hurts their profile a lot, and/or report it to Ebay customer service. Either way, the seller's in for a ride.

Did you buy from NCIX.com or NCIXUS.com?

Mattels07

NCIX - with how terrible the Canadian dollar is doing it was actually quite a bit cheaper.. They are $300+ on NCIXUS, and that is without shipping - and I would have to pay taxes on the one bought in the US. So the one from NCIX in Canada is going to end up being $30 to $40 cheaper.

You can do 2 things with Ebay. Give him a bad rating, which sellers absolutely hate as it hurts their profile a lot, and/or report it to Ebay customer service. Either way, the seller's in for a ride.

Did you buy from NCIX.com or NCIXUS.com?
Oh the negative feedback will be flowing - only issue is he has 70k feedback - so my little rant on his page wont change his rating much.

Intel_man

VIP Member
NCIX - with how terrible the Canadian dollar is doing it was actually quite a bit cheaper.. They are $300+ on NCIXUS, and that is without shipping - and I would have to pay taxes on the one bought in the US. So the one from NCIX in Canada is going to end up being $30 to $40 cheaper.
US Customs will shred you on import tax? lol

If you purchased it from the Canadian site, you either get lucky and they ship it through the LA warehouse... or they ship it from Richmond or the one in Ontario which will cross the border. Depending on which state you live and what courier service NCIX elected to use, it could take longer than 7 business days to get to your place.

Oh the negative feedback will be flowing - only issue is he has 70k feedback - so my little rant on his page wont change his rating much.
You never know... even small amounts of negative feedback will hurt the seller.

Mattels07

US Customs will shred you on import tax? lol

If you purchased it from the Canadian site, you either get lucky and they ship it through the LA warehouse... or they ship it from Richmond or the one in Ontario which will cross the border. Depending on which state you live and what courier service NCIX elected to use, it could take longer than 7 business days to get to your place.

You never know... even small amounts of negative feedback will hurt the seller.

I got the verification from NCIX that they got my order and it will ship tomorrow. They are stating 5-8 business days through Fedex - so not terrible.. I have everything else placed in the case, and Windows 10 installed on the 2TB HDD (still waiting for the SSD to get here)... so to say the least I am getting impatient.. I tried to take skyrim off of my old PC and play it on the new one, but it couldn't even run it on medium settings - without a graphics card I wasn't surprised, but thought it was worth a shot.. haha

At the end of the day the GPU shipped cost me 374.96 CAD or 283.76 USD, and if it gets here in one piece - I will still count it as a good buy.

Depending on which state you live and what courier service NCIX elected to use, it could take longer than 7 business days to get to your place.
I don't believe it, but I already got my FedEx tracking number. Way to go NCIX!