PC won't start programs for several minutes after startup

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check device manager to make sure your sound driver is installed. Also check sound properties to make sure output is set correctly.

Agent Smith

Did you run SuperAntispyware and get rid of Yahoo? Also, do you need that Nvidia capture driver? Do you need Java?

You can run the program Autoruns and see if there's something that shouldn't be starting. Just be cautious at what you disable or delete.

Gossinater

That's the only reason I haven't disabled Nvidia capture driver and Java. I'm not sure what they do on my computer. I use Nvidia screen capture feature to record me playing video games so I assume that's for that. If I don't need Java ima get rid of it. I just don't know what takes Java.

Haven't run SuperAntispyware just yet, is there no other way to get rid of the Yahoo crap?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Some websites require java to run like online game sites such as pogo. Java won't be causing your issue though. You can try running superantispyware but after running the programs I suggested, it usually only finds tracking cookies, which won't solve anything either. Could be an intermittent hardware issue as well.

Agent Smith

If you never use a website that has Java, then you don't need it. You won't find too may sites using it and I rarely encounter it so I don't have Java installed. An alternative to your capture software is OBS Studio. https://obsproject.com/

Gossinater

I'm open to trying OBS, do you think it'll be less of a drag on my CPU than Nvidia screen capture. I feel like my built-in Nvidia recording taxes my comp heavily.

Agent Smith

I'm not sure, never used it. It could. I just found out about OBS Studio when I was tired of Fraps making such large file sizes.