PCI Port Extenders

SteampunkFiend

I'm having trouble in locating any PCI ports on my motherboard of my HP Pavilion. I was wondering if there is a way to plug in a PCI port extender into a DDR DIMM slot. If not, is there another way to add a PCI port extender to a motherboard.

A reply with some form of solution in a rapid time frame would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exact model of Hp do you have? The old pci ports are going away with newer systems. Going with pci express ports now and you won't be able to use older pci cards in the new ports.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, thats a very basic motherboard. Nothing you can do. What piece of hardware are you trying to add?

Here is the motherboard.

motherboard.jpg

SteampunkFiend

Ideally I would like to add a graphics card and sound card along with a capture card. I already guessed I would need a better mother board.

Laquer Head

Ideally I would like to add a graphics card and sound card along with a capture card. I already guessed I would need a better mother board.

You'll need more than just a new motherboard... CPU, RAM, probably PSU, probably HDD, and then the other stuff you've already mentioned. You're pretty much at a full new build.