PCI Port Extenders

Laquer Head

Eesh. At an estimated price, do you have a guess on how much that could come out to be?

It depends, typically a person has a budget in mind and builds accordingly. Given that this isn't what you even had on the radar, I imagine you'll need to figure out what you have to work with, if that's the route your gonna go.

SteampunkFiend

I'm basically looking for improved graphics for gaming, I may need a sound card but that's to be determined and I also need a capture card to record gameplay for a "let's play" channel.

SteampunkFiend

On top of that, improved performance would be something nice. Not that my computer runs slow, but it could be a bit quicker.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Give us a budget and we'll help you as much as possible. You will need a new computer and would recommend building one if you can instead of buying one of the shelf.

SteampunkFiend

Eesh. I don't have that much money at the moment. I'll have $140 by the end of this month. I just wanted to make adjusments to at the least accommodate a graphics card.

Laquer Head

Eesh. I don't have that much money at the moment. I'll have $140 by the end of this month. I just wanted to make adjusments to at the least accommodate a graphics card.

$140 is not nearly enough unfortunately and I advise you to save it and not spend any amount of money on the current machine.

Unfortunately that motherboard literally has nothing to it. You can't upgrade or connect anything cause the board simply doesn't have the physical features.

SteampunkFiend

Ok cool. Thats the advice I needed. Is there anything else I should know to make an informed decision when I have much more money.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'd look to save like $600-700. That'll be a good budget to get you started with what you're trying to achieve.

Laquer Head

Ok cool. Thats the advice I needed. Is there anything else I should know to make an informed decision when I have much more money.

When you have the money set aside, (realistically, $1000.00 minimum) to build the type of machine you want, with the components you've talked about. Come back and we can advise you on a complete build to suit your needs.

In this case, it just boils down to you needing a significantly larger budget.

SteampunkFiend

Ok. That sounds awesome. Thanks a lot guys, because this has been an extreme help. It also means a lot to come here and get help. I look forward to returning with a bigger wallet to improve my computer.

Darren

Staff member
When you have the money set aside, (realistically, $1000.00 minimum) to build the type of machine you want, with the components you've talked about. Come back and we can advise you on a complete build to suit your needs.

In this case, it just boils down to you needing a significantly larger budget.

1K is definitely not the minimum. My tower is definitely less than that and I game at 1440p comfortably. @Intel_man has a better budget idea in my eyes, at least assuming you're using USD.

Laquer Head

1K is definitely not the minimum. My tower is definitely less than that and I game at 1440p comfortably. @Intel_man has a better budget idea in my eyes, at least assuming you're using USD.

Oh I'm sorry Mr. American, I forgot I'm suppose to convert everything to the almighty American dollar...

$1000CAD = $750USD

I hate you all so much, especially @Darren and especially @Intel_man

</rant>

EDIT: And to be fair, we are talking about a real build, not an AMD disaster build

Darren

Staff member
Oh I'm sorry Mr. American, I forgot I'm suppose to convert everything to the almighty American dollar...

$1000CAD = $750USD

I hate you all so much, especially @Darren and especially @Intel_man

</rant>

EDIT: And to be fair, we are talking about a real build, not an AMD disaster build
Bite me. My point stands, especially since I game just fine at 1440p regardless of your brand elitism.

Laquer Head

This is irrelevant.

Way to miss quote me. Different thread, different question. What I'm talking about here is strictly budget. And you can get a fine INTEL based PC for 6-750. Jesus you guys need to leave this alone sometimes.

I didn't misquote you, I cut, pasted, and heavily edited what you wrote in an unrelated thread to suit my position in this one...

Deep down... you know you want a GTX 1080. You just want it.

This man speaks the truth!!

#TEAMGREEN #oneofus #gtx1080