Photo Tourney - Food

Quiltface

Yeah reeses pieces and PB M&Ms taste very different. I could do a blind taste test and nail it 10 out of 10.

Egon

I'm going to take a picture in a few hours... So no early starting.

Edit:
148099_889548571052_68132248_45492420_1820009_n.jpg

My SD card started to suck. :[ That is the best one I could get.

Last edited:

MBGraphics

VIP Member
I would go ahead and throw it up tonight if I were you, gives some people a chance to get theirs in, but wont keep us waiting forever.. There are 8, sounds good enough to me, guess not that many people are that interested in these tournys anymore :(

It's been a week and we only have 8, I remember when we would get all 11 spots filled with at least 2-3 more wanting in the SAME DAY these things were put up!

Justin

VIP Member
maybe in the next tourney there should be an alloted time when people should post their photos. like once the thread is created we have 3 or 4 days to post an entry just so we don't let the other wait, then close the thread and put up the voting thread.

just my two cents.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
I'm all for that because all this waiting is getting old to be honest. Back in the day we would fill the tourney up within about 3 days MAX and already have to poll up, now it seems like we spend more time waiting then anything. Then on top of that, we have to wait for somebody to start the new tourny and lately it's been taking WAY to long, before we would have new tourneys up within 2-3 days MAX after the last one ended, now it seems like everybody takes their time, and it usually ends up being about a week.

I'm not bagging on anybody here (just want to make that clear ;)) I just really enjoy these tourneys and hate waiting. And I'm not the kind of person to just take charge and put it up myself because I know I'm not the boss around here, so I don't like to act like it.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
I really hate hearing everybody without a professional level camera saying that...

You don't need an amazing camera to get good composition or a good photo in general. It just needs patients, time and the will to learn.

Go find some food in your house, and take a few photos, pick your favorite one, and enter it.

Worst case scenario: You don't win, but will possibly get some pointers or suggestions.

GO! ;)

Fatback

VIP Member
I really hate hearing everybody without a professional level camera saying that...

You don't need an amazing camera to get good composition or a good photo in general. It just needs patients, time and the will to learn.

Go find some food in your house, and take a few photos, pick your favorite one, and enter it.

Worst case scenario: You don't win, but will possibly get some pointers or suggestions.

GO! ;)

+1

I used a cheap $60 P&S for the longest of time until I got an SLR-Like(Fujifilm S1500) which is what the picture I entered was taken with. A camera is just a tool, the photos come from the photographer. Yes I better camera will give you more options, and better quality photos, but it's the subject, composition, and mood of the photos that is important, Not how good it looks.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Well how it has worked in the past is whoever wins a tourney creates a new one, then has to put up the poll once the positions have been filled. BUT, with the way things have been, I would be all for having a designated person to put up polls, and just have the winner put up a new theme within 2 days or the "poll maker" makes the new theme.

It would be a lot smoother that way. Anyone else thing this is a good idea? If we have a majority ruling we could start doing it that way.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I'm all for it.
The main reason we had it setup this way was so that the winner got to choose the theme. If they still have that privilege, then I'm all for a faster means to getting the tournaments moving.

Thanks for bringing it up :good: