Photo Tourney - Game Photography

kobaj

VIP Member
So I thought and thought and figured I would do something like HDR, or panoramic view. But thats just another boring "photography" type competition. Ive decided to take a twist and do "game photography" :D. Any game goes...

Rules:
Playing this tournament is simple:

A tournament involves 10 different members max.
The winner of the last tournament will give a theme, and those who want to participate will post their pictures (only one per person). Please, No more than ten participants total.

When all participants have entered their picture in the tournament (please submit a link along with your picture), I will then create another thread to vote on the pictures via a poll.

New Rules:
- Absolutely no voting for your own photo.
- No spot saving; you will only be counted if you have a picture submitted.
- Only one picture may be posted at a time, if you decide to change it, please edit the original post.
- No posting an image that has previously won a competition.

So in brief:
- Users who wish to participate please post your image within this thread followed by a link to the image source.
- After ten participants have entered the tournament, a second thread will be made with a poll to vote on the pictures.
- If entering a slightly computer manipulated photo, please post the original along with it so users who are voting can see the difference.

Winners will simply be the one who gets the most votes. He/she will then create another thread in which they propose a different theme for the next tournament.

Please resize your pictures to no larger than 800 x 600
This tournament will have 5 days of voting.

You are permitted to change your image but if you could just change the URL in your original post and leave an edited comment with it.

Here is my entry:

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5990/shot0000hg4.jpg

massahwahl

VIP Member
isnt this more 'screenshots' than photography?

Not to be negative towards your creativity but I dont really see screenshots as photography... maybe others will feel otherwise.

alexyu

Finally on!
This is the first photo tourney i participate to
nfsscrdd7.jpg

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/5804/nfsscrdd7.jpg

kobaj

VIP Member
isnt this more 'screenshots' than photography?

Not to be negative towards your creativity but I dont really see screenshots as photography... maybe others will feel otherwise.

I understand your concern, and there is a difference. Example, 4NGU$ has an amazing photograph of a game. someone could stand there with a camera and take that picture.

HOWEVER, MBGraphics has a screenshot. There is no way in hell, one could EVER go underground and take a photograph. Therefor, MBGraphics, could you change your photo?

Hope this clears some stuff up :).

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Haha, it was a glitch, i was losing my connection an it was like a dam elevator, throwing me up and down threw the map....and yes, it's a screen shot, yours is a screen shot, ramodkk's is a screen shot, I dont see how mine is any different other than it's not ON the map. It was a glitch, i took a shot of it.

but if you insist, i guess i'll just change it

massahwahl

VIP Member
I guess I just don't get the appeal of this one, maybe I'm to much a fundamentalist. :p

Ill but out so as not to ruin it for anyone who likes it, but I will comment that there is already a "post your screenshot' thread, I believe these should be for traditional photography

4NGU$

VIP Member
I guess I just don't get the appeal of this one, maybe I'm to much a fundamentalist. :p

Ill but out so as not to ruin it for anyone who likes it, but I will comment that there is already a "post your screenshot' thread, I believe these should be for traditional photography

Second that

Ben

VIP Member
I figure I would take the meaning of "game" a little differently...You never said what kind of game, right?

Picture222.jpg

Last edited:

MBGraphics

VIP Member

Second that

3rd it :p

I think Ben should win by default, because it's ACTUAL photography, and this IS a PHOTOGRAPHY tourney....

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I'm also calling foul, but just in case...
The thing is... if you were to take a photo of a game while being played.. that is not an easy task. However when using the computer to capture the SS, you will alawys have what you seen on your scree. In jist there is no technical photo talent involved.
I'm off to watch fireworks (may get some pics). I might change my 'pic', so if you can hold posting the poll till later that would be great.

12.jpg

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can see where you guys are coming from, but surely, taking a screenshot of a game, is only like taking a screenshot (photograph) of life.

I knew there would be some un-happiness when I suggested this theme to Jake. I thought it'd be good to put a twist on things... Broaden your horizons :p