Photo Tourney: Glass

Jet

VIP Member
The subject this time around will be "Glass"--try and make it more about glass itself instead of merely shooting through glass, if you get my gist.

A tournament involves 11 entries (So there can be 10 after the original entry from the previous winner. If the previous winner doesn't choose to enter there will still only be 10 entries) The winner of the last tournament will give a theme, and those who want to participate will post their picture. When we have 11 entries I will create a poll in the "Off Topic" section where members can vote.

Rules:
- Absolutely no voting for your own photo.
- No spot saving, you will only be counted if you have a picture submitted.
- Only one picture may be posted at a time, if you decide to change it, please edit the original post.
- No posting an image that has previously won a competition.
- Minor image adjustments can be made to the original image (please play fair).

The winner will simply be the one who gets the most votes. He/she will then create another thread in which they propose a different theme for the next tournament.

The recommended photo size is 1024x768. Feel free to go larger, but please be courteous towards other members and keep it within reason.

Mine for now:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/userjet2005/IMG_6225-2.jpg
IMG_6225-2.jpg

Irishwhistle

ooh..speedy, thanks for reminding me I had those pictures :D

Mine:

Picture091edf.jpg

Nice! I wish I could get the city more... the nearest big city to me is Detroit and the only cool building there is the Renaissance Center... and that's the 3rd most dangerous city in the US. Of course there's Flint, I suppose (nothing very artistic there)... the most dangerous city in the US where people steal hundreds of manhole covers just to sell for scrap metal. :p Grand Rapids is awesome, but I next to never go over there.

Jet

VIP Member
I hate to be picky guys, so tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

Kornowski, Luckyedboy66, and Irishwhistle--could you pick something more around the topic of glass?

This is what I'm looking for: that the main object of the picture would be glass, rather than an object on the glass.

Kornowski--I really like the picture, but it focuses more on the window, water drops, and silouettes instead of the properties of glass--ie, you can't see the glass itself.
Luckyedboy66--while the picture does have glass in it, the focus is more on the metal architectural structure instead of the glass itself.
Irishwhistle--Again, this would be a great "window" topic shot, rather than glass--you can't see the glass itself.

Maybe I should have done the topic as glass objects? I really should have defined it better than I did...I was sort of hoping that my picture choice would make sense, but I didn't--if you cry unjust, I'm not going to complain, but it kinda got off what I had imagined. If we went with glass objects, most of the pictures would have to be redone.