Photo Tourney: Vintage

EvanK

CURRENT THEME
An image that conveys the idea of an earlier time, with vintage or nostalgic elements.

HOW IT WORKS
This tournament involves a maximum of 11 participants: the winner of the previous tournament (this member has a spot saved) and 10 other members. After all participants have uploaded their entries, another thread with a poll will be created in the Off Topic Chat Sub-forum. Then for a period of 4 days, all forum members can vote for their favorite entries. After the poll ends, the participant with the most votes is declared the winner and can then choose a new theme for the next tournament and create a new thread in the Digital Imaging Sub-Forum under these guidelines.

RULES
No self-voting.
No spot saving.
Only one entry per participant.
If entry is too large, please resize to an acceptable resolution.
Submissions that have previously won a tournament are not accepted.

ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES
Unless the poll was created to break a tie, please make the poll multi-vote.
If you wish to change your submission, do not create a new post. Please edit your original post.
Any member is allowed to create the voting thread but only the winner (or anyone assigned by the winner) can create a new-theme thread.

Last edited:

EvanK

6475758039_6b8128d704_z.jpg

My entry

Punk

Staff member
I know I may sound like an annoying member but where are we on the editing rules? Can we just do anything or does it have to be natural? I'm asking that because Danny's doesn't seem at all natural...

No offense Danny, your editing is one of the best I've seen, but I don't think this is photography anymore. Anyway I'm asking and if everyone is alright, so be it :)

WeatherMan

It looks good to me, I ain't in the photography game but I will put my opinion forward, the subject of his photograph is the antique Victorian light :)

When did natural come into it? The rules don't state that and Danny's shot fits the bill perfectly!

You even have the old houses in the background and an old tower of some sort, not that people outside of the UK would notice that

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I don't think Punk likes heavily edited photos, hence why he said 'your editing is one of the best I've seen, but I don't think this is photography anymore.'

Looks fine to me though and it fits the theme, so I don't have a problem with it. :)

Punk

Staff member
It looks good to me, I ain't in the photography game but I will put my opinion forward, the subject of his photograph is the antique Victorian light :)

When did natural come into it? The rules don't state that and Danny's shot fits the bill perfectly!

You even have the old houses in the background and an old tower of some sort, not that people outside of the UK would notice that

That's not what I meant. The lantern's light isn't natural at all, if I remember correctly, he even posted the steps he took to edit that picture :)

TFT

VIP Member
where are we on the editing rules?
RULES: Submissions that have been heavily manipulated are not accepted.
Is that heavily edited, no I don't think so :)

I would say that changing a coloured photo to B&W or shades of is heavier editing than Danny's photo, at least the majority of his is natural, whereas mine and others bear no relationship to the coloured photo that was taken.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Is that heavily edited, no I don't think so :)

I would say that changing a coloured photo to B&W or shades of is heavier editing than Danny's photo, at least the majority of his is natural, whereas mine and others bear no relationship to the coloured photo that was taken.

If I remember corretly, there was no light in the lantern in his original picture.

EDIT: Found it:

Added the light to the lamp as I felt it was lacking something.
734847_10152489308260145_563191667_n.jpg

Now if everyone is fine with that whatever, I won't care.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Trust you, Ben, haha... I'm only joking, bro. The lantern didn't have any light in it, no, I did add that, in post. If it's too much then I'll remove it if you want?