Photography tourney: Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Rules:
Playing this tournament is simple:

A tournament involves 11 different members max.
The winner of the last tournament will give a theme, and those who want to participate will post their pictures (Only one per person). Please, No more than eleven participants total.

When all participants have entered their picture in the tournament (please submit a link along with your picture), I will then create another thread to vote on the pictures via a poll. Located in the Off Topic sub forum.

Further Rules:
- No spot saving; you will only be counted if you have a picture submitted.
- Only one picture may be posted at a time, if you decide to change it, please edit the original post.
- No posting an image that has previously won a competition.
- When voting you are not allowed to vote for your own submission.

So in brief:
- Users who wish to participate please post your image within this thread followed by a link to the image source.
- If entering a slightly computer manipulated photo, please post the original along with it so users who are voting can see the difference.
- After eleven participants have entered the tournament, a second thread will be made with a poll to vote on the pictures.

Winners will simply be the one who gets the most votes (please no voting for yourself). He/she will then create another thread in which they propose a different theme for the next tournament.

Please resize your pictures to an acceptable resolution.
This tournament will have 5 days of voting.

You are permitted to change your image but if you could just change the URL in your original post and leave an edited comment with it.

Have fun & enjoy.

S.T.A.R.S.
2iizipj.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Why are you trying to pass work of others off as your own?

Yes, STARS, this is not your work. You can only post photos that you took.

I may also point out that this winner should be invalidated, because I just reverse image searched your entry for "Cliffs" and saw multiple places where you could find that picture.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I post my pictures I take on the internet for years.
I see no problem in that.
You can find all sorts of Croatia pictures online.
Including Premantura,Risnjak and MANY more places like that from which I took pictures.
So?

I am not the only person there taking pictures.
Tourists do that every day.

Come here if you don't believe me and you'll see.

I am kinda tired of all this crap.

Either post your picture here or post somewhere else.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Okay....but you said your entry for Cliffs was in Croatia. It's not. It's the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.

Is this your Flickr? Because this is where the photo above came from:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/

For the love of God.
I saw TONS of Croatia picture online stating they were taken from some other country.

Don't believe everything you read.

I do have pictures from other places too such as Canarian islands I was in years ago.I just don't know where they are.Will have to look for them one day.

You can even go on the internet and search for Croatia pictures and you will find tons of them.
Croatia is a beautiful country.
The only reason I wanna move from here is because it's too damn expensive.That's all.

Last edited:

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Feel free to provide full resolution jpegs of the two photos you've posted. Along with the camera gear and settings used.
If you can't do that, then we can only base our assumption off of what we found online.

If they are your work then it's really easy to prove us wrong.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
No.
I am not going to lose my time proving anything.
I had many different camcorders,cameras and celular phone cameras I took pictures with through all these years of my life.
If you people think I will go through all the detailed settings of all the cameras I used,you are very wrong.

So no.I don't have time for that.I have more important things to do.

Now let's go back on topic.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
It's not hard to post up the full resolution jpeg.
What reasoning do you have to not show us that?

My dear friend it's not a problem to show you full resolution picture.
But they are ALL stored on my PC in the UAC data center I am working in and it would take me a long time to find those.I have more than 10000 pictures on just ONE drive and more of them are at my office PC.

Some of them are already in 1024x768 since that's how I took them.
I use that same resolution as my desktop background by the way so I like pictures having that same size.
Those which are bigger are not MUCH bigger.
I never really had enough money to buy a great camcorder...unfortunately. :(
And right now I only have one still working (thank God) crappy Olympus of just 2.0 MP. :(
It can take pictures bigger than 1024x768 with it,but they look like crap on high resolution.

Which good camcorder would you recommend me?
Just that it's not too expensive.I had a good one for few years,but it died in 2009. when I finished my medical school.Don't even remember how it was called.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I posted many pictures I took on the internet through many years.
I don't care what people will do with them later.
Hell I even found some of my beautiful Croatia nature pictures on wallpapers collection online.

So???????

Here is my picture of a nature lake I took more than 6 years ago on a place called Plitvice.
And I was not the one who posted it there.Someone else did.
Who?
I don't give a damn.
Someone just found that picture online which I posted years ago and then posted it on some other place:

http://pichost.me/1838130/

So???

Big deal.

Leave me alone already.
Every time I make a thread,it is destroyed by others.
Stop it okay?!

Either post your sky pictures here or post somewhere else for the love of God.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
The light looks awesome on your photo Stars, how did you process it so that it looks soft?

Here is my entry:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/81664595.jpg

81664595.jpg

Holy crap that is a nice photo man!
Orange color of the sky looks awesome!!! :good:
(Too bad there is not "orange" box for Half-Life 3 hahaha).

But anyway nice picture.I always liked orange sky!!!
It reminds me of heaven. :eek:

What do you mean by "soft"?
I just waited for the dawn to come lol.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Holy crap that is a nice photo man!
Orange color of the sky looks awesome!!! :good:
(Too bad there is not "orange" box for Half-Life 3 hahaha).

But anyway nice picture.I always liked orange sky!!!
It reminds me of heaven. :eek:

You didn't answer my question, how did you process your photo to have it look so soft?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I didn't do anything special with the picture on my computer if that's what you mean.
I took it with my photo camera I had which had tons of options for compression levels and picture lightning levels,blur effects and a lot more.
I just used the default settings.I did turn off the flash however which was on by the default.But the rest of the settings were at the default...I think...can't even remember anymore...that was more than 6 long years ago.
It was a great camcorder,but it died approximately 5 years ago...:( :( :(
And now I am forced to use this crappy Olympus I have.
I did have few other camcorders in the meantime,but I lost one and other 2 started to have problems with the lens and it was too expensive to repair them so now I just use the ONLY camcorder I have which currently works fine...,but it's crap...only 2 megapixels lmao!

spirit

Staff member
The light looks awesome on your photo Stars, how did you process it so that it looks soft?
Looks HDR to me. If it was processed in Lightroom there is the option to reduce clarity and you'd get an effect like that, or possibly a blur filter in Photoshop or similar was used.

If this tourney is still going ahead, I'll submit this for the time being:

Road to the Sunset by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Looks HDR to me. If it was processed in Lightroom there is the option to reduce clarity and you'd get an effect like that, or possibly a blur filter in Photoshop or similar was used.

If this tourney is still going ahead, I'll submit this for the time being:

Road to the Sunset by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Yes I also think it was HDR.I know that camcorder I used DID have some HDR settings,but I didn't mess with those too much honestly.

All in all nice photo Jason! :good:
Just one question.
What is that on the left in a distance?
That house with the lights on...not the one closest to the sea,but the one before that one.
It looks like a small hotel of some sort or is it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.