Pimp my comp

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
building comp for college and vidjea gaymps is this stuff like um good.
huh? i got the college part... couldnt understand the rest

creative labs sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer limited edition retail
unless you want the games... why not get the audigy2 zs?

underpowered, have a look at PSU 101
11-105-152-10.jpg

any reason you have gone for the socket 478 P4, its being phased out
being? it's long gone

if you want to go with AMD go with a socket 939 that way in 2 or 3 years you can upgrade the processor and get a big jump in speed for a low price or just keep up without spending to much.
socket939 wont be around in a few years

i will be using this comp for mostly cough um gaming but uh dont tell my parents
they arent... by any chance... paying for it are they?

because its for college but i do alot of multi tasking so i dont want to go with AMD, i heard that Intel is better for multitasking so yeah.
1. you dont do very much multitasking.
2. AMD is a company, Intel is a company. neither are products. most of intel's mainstream desktop lineup is multitasking friendly... and some of AMD's lineup is multitasking friendly.. comparatively, k9 procs are vastly superior to Intel Pentium d series chips for multitasking (unless you get to mass threads from mass appplications -- which you dont)

would upgrading to socket 775 mean that i would have to buy DDR2 instead of DDR1?
no

the setup i gave is best, but sorry no more time for links. just go to newegg and copy & paste
t's not the best... simply because "best" doesnt exist

i love you.
let's stay on topic

im all confused i cant have AMD my parents actualy know that it is for gaming
well if you're paying for it yourself, it shouldnt be a problem...

i want to go with a Intel processor. i dont know if it will actulay go together camper but i trust you please give me a rundown of all the parts that you think i should get iwith a Intel proccesor please. if you have time. like i said im tired and confused and none of this makes any sense to me anymore. thanks alot.
thats why there are 101s like CPU 101

have you read praetor's 101 series found in each of the topics?
i can see the answer now :p

AMD AthlonXP 3300
uh... no such chip...

in my opinion AMD is better than Intel and cheaper at that...
most likely since you're dealing with relatively ancient setups there

so AMD can multitask just as well as Intel. but its cheaper i have read the 101's and they say that Intel is better at multi tasking.
read them again;) especially the part about dual core systems (and dont worry about "mass threads from mass applications" -- because you dont do that)

just pray that your CPU fan doesn't stop, or your heatsink doesn't come off... AMD's are so thin, they overheat very easily, and can even catch on fire (without heatsink & CPU fan)
and where did you read this silliness?

@dracon
oh, and what cooler are you going to use? :)