Please check my hardware list for my first PC build!

Laquer Head

I trust Laquer Head will spec a good build for you. Let's see what he comes back with. :D
Oh great...pressure is on..

Well here is a basic idea, obviously open to changes and we still need a GPU (RX480) to factor in..plus might be even further rebates/discounts.....but here is an idea under $700usd (minus a GPU..add $200+)
sample build.JPG

Laquer Head

was thinking on doing the 6500k, save some money for a monitor. And I am not at all familiar with water cooling.

The cooler @Intel_man picked is perfect..no maintenance needed,,,install and go, as its a closed loop (AIO all in one)

Do you plan to do overclocking...if not, the K-series are not necessary and you could stick to a 6400/6500M

Intel_man

VIP Member
The centre of attention part of the build should be how I somehow fit the RMx 650W in there. That's a very good PSU. Perhaps a bit overkill. lol

Overclocking ftw! It's not even hard nowadays to overclocking. Bumping the multiplier by 2 is probably going to boost that thing to 4.0ghz anyways and should be fine under stock voltage.

Laquer Head

The centre of attention part of the build should be how I somehow fit the RMx 650W in there. That's a very good PSU. Perhaps a bit overkill. lol

Overclocking ftw! It's not even hard nowadays to overclocking. Bumping the multiplier by 2 is probably going to boost that thing to 4.0ghz anyways and should be fine under stock voltage.

I actually have a RM 650X power supply in the second rig and its a sweet ass PSU... full modular FTW

TreeHobo7

The cooler @Intel_man picked is perfect..no maintenance needed,,,install and go, as its a closed loop (AIO all in one)

Do you plan to do overclocking...if not, the K-series are not necessary and you could stick to a 6400/6500M
I like your list a bit better, probably add a 1TB hdd, still have some wiggle room for a 100$ monitor, and I can pick up a keyboard for free, probably upgrade to blue switches later.

I also am a bit scared about overclocking :eek::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeHobo7

If you think I was done... guess again.

Boom shackalaka!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/V6JK8K
Lol :D:D

Boom shackalaka! i7 6700k if you grab a cheaper case and drop the 1TB harddrive.

ooooohhh that is beautiful! I think I will go with a HDD 1TB drop a some money for SSD later, and go with cheaper case, save some money for a monitor that is at least 1080p.

Laquer Head

I also am a bit scared about overclocking :eek::confused:

No need to be scared, its so easy these days compared to the ordeals we had to go through in generations past..but if you think its overkill and dont want to overclock, a non-K CPU will be just fine and save a few dollars.

Boom shackalaka! i7 6700k if you grab a cheaper case and drop the 1TB harddrive.

i7 is def. overkill for him!! LOL

Intel_man

VIP Member
Between the 6600k and the 6700k, if you can afford to go to the 6700k, I'd get the 6700k 10 out of 10 times.

Laquer Head

Between the 6600k and the 6700k, if you can afford to go to the 6700k, I'd get the 6700k 10 out of 10 times.

See I totally wouldn't... I firmly stand by the i5 man, its a good price, overclocks well, and just is a better buy, unless you are a hardcore gamer and need the i7...which I dont think is necessary in this case!

That's what I am going with then, the i7 is just..... to much. What are some cheap 1080p monitors?

Oh man, there are literally hundreds of 1080p monitors! I'd look at Asus personally, and then depends on the size you like..24-28" is the usual size for most people.

TreeHobo7

See I totally wouldn't... I firmly stand by the i5 man, its a good price, overclocks well, and just is a better buy, unless you are a hardcore gamer and need the i7...which I dont think is necessary in this case!
the i5 can run some higher end games? (that seems like a question everyone asks lol)

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's all about the long run man. That i7 6700k is about as bulletproof as you can get for the next 5 years.