pLeAsE hElP Me BuIlD mY gAmInG CoMPuTeR?

Dr Studly

banned
striker said:
will that type of computer last me for a few years before it is no good for the new game of the future???
striker said:
I ment like for good year or 2 before I have to do some major upgrades for it.
really depends what type of technology comes out... i'd say it might last 2 years without major upgrading if you got one of these processors
and added another stick of the RAM i suggested... but really that would be dishonoring ur budget alot... i suggest you get the original system i suggested for you but with the 2nd video card i suggested... then sometime mebbe in a year or 2 get one of these processors and another gb of ram... unless you really do have money to spend... but to be more future proof you would have to get one of these and another GB of ram...

Jet said:
No. There is no such thing as the future proof pc.
depends on what we define as future proof;) obviosly nothing will last forever... but somethings will last longer than other things...
dragoon38900 said:
Im really sorry for going off topic, but i really need to know..., which is better, that or the video card in my sig? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150139)
And if the difference is small, then would it be worth getting that instead, saving me money so i can afford shipping...?
that is what PMs are for, for future reference.... those 2 video cards are a very evenly matched... the one that u gave me a link to might be slightly better... but way beyond this guys price range and IMO it wouldn't be worth it for him...

striker said:
what kind of computer do you have encore4more?
it is in my signature:eek::(... i would have something better but money is an issue for a 14 year old (turning 15 in a few days:)):eek::(... my new years resolution is to be able to save over this year to buy a $1300 rig... gona be hard

striker

Cool I found this guy that is a friend of my friend, and he said that he we help me build my computer.

striker

Yea, he told me that they were good parts. should I get a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro, b/c you never told me what kind a fan to get. Thanks for all the help.

Dr Studly

banned
striker said:
Yea, he told me that they were good parts. should I get a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro, b/c you never told me what kind a fan to get. Thanks for all the help.
that fan is made for putting it on a processor... your processor already comes with a fan&heatsink... so unless you are gona do some overclocking, the the fans and heatsink that come withthe processor will be more than fine... and if you do plan to overlocking the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro is a good choice... but, yea. If you don't overclock, what you have is baisically fine... your case comes with 2 80mm fans, your processor comes with its fan and heatsink, and your video card has its own fan and heatsink on it... if you want to put a fan in, you could put in a 120mm fan and i think you will be more than fine... this would be a good choice (cus it matches ur case and other fans, works nicely, and has good reviews...)

i'm goin to bed now... goodnight everyone...

TEKKA

ohh encore4more that sounds crazy to me cuz its 2:40PM here in Australia. :D have a goooood sleep.. :D

Dr Studly

banned
liquidshadow said:
no, it wouldn't beat mine... it doesn't have a monitor;) :rolleyes:
he needed a monitor and keyboard fit into his budget buddy...
if he didn't need a monitor or keyboard or mouse, i could configure something way better than that or wut u just did ;)

Geoff

VIP Member
liquidshadow said:
Added a dual-core, 2 gigs of RAM. The video card will unlock to a X850XT with little work.
The new one is laser cut, you need to find an older one in order to unlock the pipes.

Geoff

VIP Member
liquidshadow said:
The reviews on newegg still say that it's unlockable.
How new are those? Because i was looking at getting that a few months ago but i found out that the new ones are laser cut.

... Unless they made a new model that isnt laser cut...

striker

Encore

Encore4More said:
he needed a monitor and keyboard fit into his budget buddy...
if he didn't need a monitor or keyboard or mouse, i could configure something way better than that or wut u just did ;)

If I could use the monitor,the keyboard,the mouse,the sound card,the floopy, and the the fan off of my old emachine. Can I add it onto your setup Encore? And if I can What can you improve with you setup?

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
striker said:
If I could use the monitor,the keyboard,the mouse,the sound card,the floopy, and the the fan off of my old emachine. Can I add onto your setup Encore? And if I can What can you improve with you setup?
DANGET!!!! WHY DIDN"T U SAY THAT!!! of course u could...lol

use your:monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card, and floppy...

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - $355
Mobo: ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard - $76
RAM: CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 (PC3200) - $140
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 7800GS - $284
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB - $50
PSU: Rosewill RP550-2 550W Power Supply - $64
Case: ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Computer Case - $60

- $1010
o well...

striker

Encore4More said:

So this is the new setup? Sorry I thought I could not use emachine parts.