PLS help with first build. PLS comment too.

lemon07r

New Member
Hows this, its my first build. Im buying the parts (must be in CAD) in April.

CPU + Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition @ 3.1GHz + ASUS Crosshair Formula III
NOTE: To unlock this CPU to a quad core using the Crosshair 3 Formula motherboard you need the most recent BIOS update, it stabilizes the unleashing mode function for this specific chip. (For those of you who have the Asus Crosshair 3, you must Enable Unleashing mode and set the ACC function to AUTO).
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.308618
Combo Price: $315.99 No Tax
RAM
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227496&cm_re=amd-_-20-227-496-_-Product
$125.99 No tax
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive - 500 GB - 7200 rpm - 3.5" - Internal - WD5001AALS
http://www.compbargains.com/_e/Hard...igital_Caviar_Black_WD5001AALS_Hard_Drive.htm ?
$74.99 No tax + Free shipping
Video Card
XFX HD-577A-ZNDC Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150464
$211.99 No tax
Power Supply
OCZ Z-series 650 watt + UV Blue Y Cable
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=FO&scriteria=AA75898
$84.99
Case
NZXT LEXA S LEXS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060
$79.99 No tax + Free shipping
BLU-RAY drive/Multi-format burner
Plextor PX-B320SA
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249050
$169.99
CPU Cooler
Corsair H50

Pls help or comment.
 
Change your motherboard to Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AMD 790X AM3 DDR3

To it, invest in AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition.

RAM also to 1600Mhz, but I'd suggest OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2 x 1GB DDR3.

For graphic card you should get ATi Radeon HD4870.

Power supply; Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W

The rest of your PC is fine, it can work well.
 
All those are great but;
1. I have a small room.
2. I want a silent computer.
3. I need good onboard audio.
4. I cant spend more then $1100 CAD.
 
Last edited:
Here what I am thinking of now.

Computer
CPU + Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition @ 3.1GHz + ASUS Crosshair Formula III
NOTE: To unlock this CPU to a quad core using the Crosshair 3 Formula motherboard you need the most recent BIOS update, it stabilizes the unleashing mode function for this specific chip. (For those of you who have the Asus Crosshair 3, you must Enable Unleashing mode and set the ACC function to AUTO).
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.308618
Combo Price: $315.99 No Tax
RAM
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227496&cm_re=amd-_-20-227-496-_-Product
$125.99 No tax
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive - 500 GB - 7200 rpm - 3.5" - Internal - WD5001AALS
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136320&Tpk=WD5001AALS
$74.99 No tax + Free shipping
Video Card
XFX HD-577A-ZNDC Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150464
$211.99 No tax
Power Supply
OCZ Z-series 550 watt
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341037
$109.99 No tax
Case
NZXT LEXA S LEXS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060
$79.99 No tax + Free shipping
BLU-RAY drive/Multi-format burner
Plextor PX-B320SA
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249050
$169.99
CPU Cooler
Corsair H50
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...?EdpNo=5267687&sku=C13-2528&srkey=corsair h50
$98.99 Tigerdirect
Accessories + OS
OS
Windows 7
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
$121.99 No tax + Free shipping
Monitor
Hanns•G HH-241HPB Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254044&Tpk=HH-241HPB
$169.99 No tax + Free shipping
HDMI
Monster M1000HD
http://www.thetatronics.com/monsterm1000hdtvhdmicable4ft-p-891.html
$22.39 USD
Keyboard + Mouse
(Current)
$0 At home
Speakers (2.1 Channels)
Altec Lansing VS2621
http://www.buy.com/prod/altec-lansi...2-1-channel-28-w-rms/q/loc/111/211190676.html
$44.63 No tax + Free shipping
 
Last edited:
Change your motherboard to Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AMD 790X AM3 DDR3

To it, invest in AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition.

RAM also to 1600Mhz, but I'd suggest OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2 x 1GB DDR3.

For graphic card you should get ATi Radeon HD4870.

Power supply; Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W

The rest of your PC is fine, it can work well.

3 problems.
1. I want blu-ray.
2. The HDD you picked has a 16mb cache, the one I picked has a 32mb cache and is silent.
3. I want 4gb ram.
 
Last edited:
Why not wait until april with picking out the parts ? Believe me i've done that and when i was ready to buy, half of the parts were either out of stock or were deactivated. Also newegg keeps changing those combo deals so you shouldn't pick them out now when you are not ready to buy.
 
Four things, one I want to get the ASUS Radeon HD 5770 CuCore instead (if it come with voltage tweak). Will it have voltage tweak?
2 What would be some better RAM.
3 How far would I be able to OC my CPU without heating up too much.
4 Please post.
 
Change your motherboard to Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P AMD 790X AM3 DDR3

To it, invest in AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition.

RAM also to 1600Mhz, but I'd suggest OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2 x 1GB DDR3.

For graphic card you should get ATi Radeon HD4870.

Power supply; Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W

The rest of your PC is fine, it can work well.

All those are great but;
1. I have a small room.
2. I want a silent computer.
3. I need good onboard audio.
4. I cant spend more then $1100 CAD.

You don't need much room to fit AMD Phenom II x4 955 and a different mobo. They won't stop you from having a silent PC.

3 problems.
1. I want blu-ray.
2. The HDD you picked has a 16mb cache, the one I picked has a 32mb cache and is silent.
3. I want 4gb ram.

So if your picks are so great, they meet your requirements and you don't need peoples' help, why did you ask CF for advice in building you a PC, when you think your computer that you put together is better than anyone else who is posting here, wasting their time on finding you a better deal than you had?
 
Sorry for posting that "I have a small room and I want a silent computer", that was meant for another thread.
I've decided to get Plextor 880 SA instead of bluray
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249051
and a different motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductSpecification.aspx?Item=N82E16813128415
to save money for a phenom II 955 C3 (this part analizer suggested, thanks analizer)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808
If I want to buy a sound card later, what should I get?
I am going to OC my gpu, OCmy cpu 3.7ghz to 4.0ghz later cross fire, later raid 0. What PSU should I get.
I still need some RAM too, is there anythin with 1333mhz CL 7 7 7 20 with no xmp.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top