Poll: The Best VALUE For Money Motherboards...

BEST VALUE MOBO BRAND

• ASROCK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASUS

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • ECS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FOXCONN

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GIGABYTE

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
Hello, Im going to buy a new motherboard very soon.
Ive got a shortlist of a few motherboards which meet my low requirements, i cant really destinguish which is the best of them all because their specs are similar, tell me which board brand make the BEST VALUE boards.

Oh, yeah, please explain why you say so too and / or which one you wouldnt choose.

Thanks, Ant...

Oh, sorry about there only being five, these are the only brands on my shortlist! The other ones are either too expensive, i havent noticed them (unlikely) or they dont meet my requirements!
Ant...

This poll was just to help me decide between the mobo's ive got on my shortlist. These are the only brands on my list because the others had no models which suited my criteria. Ant...

StrangleHold

Staff member
If thats the case Asus or Gigabyte hands down. ECS and Asrock are budget boards. Foxconn is 50/50, they have made some good boards but I have had some problems with them in the past so I dont fool with them now.

StrangleHold

Staff member
What are you building AMD or Intel CPU, Ok AMD, do you want onboard video or are you using a video card?

Last edited:
What are you building AMD or Intel CPU, Ok AMD, do you want onboard video or are you using a video card?

Well, I think i will have onboard because its free! The same board without graphics integrated is the same price so why not?

I think i will buy a new card when i get fed up with the integrated graphics. So i want my motherboard to be upgradable. Hence, stating ram capabilities and pci-e values. With me telling you this you might think its obvious, go for the one with the best spec! But thats naive since i dont know the quality of the boards.
I just want a board which is upgradable and of a good quality, if the ECS boards are not that bad, then i might aswell go for one. This is the way im thinking!
So, yes, go ahead, see what you think of the boards...
Ant...

Hello everyone, thanks for your help up to now...
Ive narrowed it down a bit further. Ive got rid of all mobos not supporting 16x at full speed. (and one of two other things)

My results are as follows:
untitled2.JPG

Of these it seems that the Gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2 is the best, this is because the chipset is better than the ECS and equal to the ASUS, the RAM capacity is equal to the ECS and much better than the ASUS and it seems to be the best value for money brand.

OK, if anyone has any suggestions, etc before i buy one please say so. ill probably buy one tomorrow evening.
Ant...

The first one has a limit of 2GB ram, 8x pci-e and 405 chipset which doesnt meet my criteria!

The second one is already on my list!

The third, the M2N-MX SE seems good, ill have a look closely in a bit.

The fourth, the Gigabyte is not as good as the one ive got on my list but it is £10 cheaper. I think ill pay the extra £10 to get the extra bits and bobs.

Ant...