Poll: The Best VALUE For Money Motherboards...

BEST VALUE MOBO BRAND

• ASROCK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASUS

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • ECS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FOXCONN

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GIGABYTE

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

StrangleHold

Staff member
Since about all brands carry boards with the same options how do you not buy depending on brand. You could (give) me 4 PCchips boards with options out of the wazoo and I would still (pay) for a Gigabyte, Asus or DFI with less options. PCchips, Asrock, ECS are all lower quality built boards.

skidro892007

I have an ECS board right now and it is working stupendously. I have OCed with it quite a bit and it is running completely stable. Works well for gaming as well. Personally, brand names are very hard to judge quality by. i've had ASUS boards that have sucked beyond belief and now I have this ECS board and it works really well. I think it's a crap shoot. I know some brands have earned a name for themselves, don't get me wrong, but a name and a price do not always mean everything.

I strongly agree with Stranglehold AND skidro892007, which is why i made this poll!

If i had three mobo's (and i do on the list) which had exactly the same spec and were all the same price, i would go for the one with the best reputation.

but here i have three mobos, the ECS one being the cheapest, the gigabyte being the most expensive. The question is: is the ECS board better value? because you get the same spec for a lower price? or is the gigabyte the better value board because it is a better brand, better quality?

I think ill probably play safe (and pay the extra tenner) to get the gigabyte board where i can expect quality.

Ant...

K3rupt

Gigabyte mate, Go Gigabyte. Had 7 over my years, Never had a problem

(Still got em and working (Servers + My Personal Desktop))

skidro892007

But you really should have put an MSI option up there. I have the P6N SLI platinum and it is the best board I have used yet. Very solid for gaming, has a bunch of OCing options, and it has passive cooling through copper heat pipes. It's a good choice for me but that could be personal opinion as well.

skidro892007

I suppose gigabyte is a good brand though. I have heard a lot of good things about them, especially for over clocking. Good choice I suppose :)