Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Archangel

VIP Member
My monitor now with the wire runs installed. What ya think? :D

Computer005.jpg
Computer008.jpg

sweet,.. really nice finnishing. now you just need a bigger desk, so the space between the desk and the wall is actually used. XD

My friends birthday build and the parts that went in it.
VinnyComputer002.jpg

Im jealous.. :eek:

Archangel

VIP Member
well.. its more the fact that Grey build a pc for a friend and gave it to him (or will give it to him). the idea of it.. The hardware will be outdated in notime anyway. its just a really nice gesture :)

Grey410

well.. its more the fact that Grey build a pc for a friend and gave it to him (or will give it to him). the idea of it.. The hardware will be outdated in notime anyway. its just a really nice gesture :)

Thanks. We raised $1705 and got him that rig:
E6300 OC'd 2.9Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
EVGA 8800GTS 663/2052 (crazy I'm not keeping it there but its stable)
320GB Seagate w/PPD
DVD R/W (Sata)
DVD Rom
Cooler master Centurion Case
Gigabyte DS3 Mobo
22" Widescreen Chimei

Today I'm going to pick up the side panel as we had it engraved with the names of people who donated. I will post pics of it when I get back. :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Just wondering why you all chipped in to buy him that expensive of a computer, when you dont even have one as good as that yourself...

kof2000

whenever people build a pc just have each member donate a dollar and its good to go :)

so what happens if that monitor needs to be replaced :) tear that wall down?

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
whenever people build a pc just have each member donate a dollar and its good to go :)

It should just be held in place by a few screws. You can simply unscrew it to get the monitor down.

Verve

This is my setup, the Gateway tower on the left is currently not working, I've taken the RAM out to put in my newer Dell. When it is on, its my Ubuntu Linux machine. The Dell on the right is in my sig, and as you can see it came with a crappy CD drive that is now broken, so I installed the white DVD-Rom from an older computer.
p1010168ne9.jpg

The laptop is my brother's, an Inspiron 5150 and its broken at the moment.
Also, thanks to Magicman, I'm still using the background he fixed for me :)
p1010167bg2.jpg

p1010169gs3.jpg

Grey410

[-0MEGA-];527937 said:
Just wondering why you all chipped in to buy him that expensive of a computer, when you dont even have one as good as that yourself...

Because well here:

1) He has chipped in on 2 other peoples computers which = $400 from him.

2) He's my best friend and a good friend to all the people who chipped in.

3)He just got married 2 weeks ago to a girl we are all really close to.

4) It's his birthday so it's his "turn"

5) I can buy any video card I want anytime but don't need to. Also my computer is still pretty good. Actually if I added the same Video card it would be better imho.

I also just gave away my AMD 64 3200, 300GB HD, 6800GT 256mb,
2GB Corsair Ram, ABIT KN8, DVD R/W, 500W SLI PSU to another friend with a 19" Samsung LCD. I even bought Company of Heroes and Rainbow Six Vegas to put on it for him so he can play games with us. He also threw in $200 for Vince's computer and his bday is coming up so we hooked him up early. He didn't get a new build because he's not a gamer and this is more than enough for right now. He currently has an XP1800 w/256mb ram and a Geforce 3 mx440.

I do this because life is not about "me". I have great friends who are like a family to me. I do a lot for them and they do a lot for me. But mainly they make my life the awesome one that it is. I trust them. I hope you all have friends like that and if not that you meet some. Merry Christmas all and be nice to people because somehow we're all related and yes we're even related to the dumb ones :p .

*Edit* Here's the pic of the engraved side panel

VinnyComputer016.jpg

Last edited:

Grey410

Omega is correct. It has 4 wood screws holding it in. My roommate has the same LCD with the same mount as well. It takes about 30 minutes to put up. Pretty easy.

*edit* um anyone know why in the post I made above the

Grey410

i was referring to if you need to replace it since the wires are in those tubes.

The tubes are wire runs. They're hard plastic and open from the side. So I mounted them then I placed the cables in them. They also have adhesive and stick to the walls. Very handy. A 20Ft pack with the ends and bends in it costs $22 at Lowes in the wiring section FYI. :p