Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Gareth

Since my last set of images were not best of quality due to camera settings, I re-took the inside of the computer. This PC is always changing, there is now a third hard disk drive installed, which ill get a picture of later.

1002161gb5.jpg

Hyper_Kagome

Voila...
computer001.jpg

My crappy computer with a crappy picture to boot.

This thing was a waste of money... but it runs... I shouldn't complain (too much.)

It just freezes... a lot... and upsets me (a lot). :mad:

And gets really hot. =[

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even know. I've either forgotten what I DID know, and never knew the rest...

Windows XP, though.

maybe its like a Celeron or something,is that the cpu heatsink in the midde?

no fan? if so it cant be very powerfull :eek:

no wonder it gets hot,looks poor airflow.

maybe you should stick a fan on that heatsink might help a bit.

Hyper_Kagome

If I can be told how to get my specs, I will. =x

No fan on top of the heatsink... it has a fan at the front and that funnel thing... I've been thinking of trying to find a way to get the fan from my old motherboard on top of that heatsink...

It's a Gateway...

Mez

So your computer is a dual-core :D. They still make mobos for pentium D's (P31,35,41,43 etc.)

What kind of upgrades were you looking torwards?

Hyper_Kagome

So your computer is a dual-core :D. They still make mobos for pentium D's (P31,35,41,43 etc.)

What kind of upgrades were you looking torwards?

It doesn't have a video or audio card... it has some weird WinTV thing in it... probably a new motherboard, since this one just looks bad.

I don't know anything about computers really... I should learn. So I think I'll try learning...

I still have my old processor kicking around here... lemme find it.
EDIT: AMD Athlon 64.
Any good?

Last edited:

Mez

It doesn't have a video or audio card... it has some weird WinTV thing in it... probably a new motherboard, since this one just looks bad.

I don't know anything about computers really... I should learn. So I think I'll try learning...

I still have my old processor kicking around here... lemme find it.
EDIT: AMD Athlon 64.
Any good?

You have been on CF for 3 years and don't know anything about computers. :D (No offence)

Hmm... the Athlon 64 is a single core processor, it is worse than the pentium D.

Try doing some research, such as Omega's (Geoff) "how to build a computer" thread. Then you can get into upgrading your computer.

Trust me, once you upgrade your computer, you will be back on track, and happy with yourself :D

Hyper_Kagome

You have been on CF for 3 years and don't know anything about computers. :D (No offence)

Hmm... the Athlon 64 is a single core processor, it is worse than the pentium D.

Try doing some research, such as Omega's (Geoff) "how to build a computer" thread. Then you can get into upgrading your computer.

Trust me, once you upgrade your computer, you will be back on track, and happy with yourself :D

I basically joined here to get computer HELP when I needed it. I never really thought of trying to learn the stuff myself.

I'm thinking I can maybe see what the WinTV thing and my Athlon 64 are worth and try selling them. I think I have an Ethernet Card thing kicking around somewhere, too...

I'll look up Geoff's thing right now, actually.

Mez

I basically joined here to get computer HELP when I needed it. I never really thought of trying to learn the stuff myself.

I'm thinking I can maybe see what the WinTV thing and my Athlon 64 are worth and try selling them. I think I have an Ethernet Card thing kicking around somewhere, too...

I'll look up Geoff's thing right now, actually.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you... The WinTV card (I Think) is a TV Tuner Card, it allows you to connect to cable, and watch TV on your computer.

Does it have a Cylinder thing sticking out of the card that looks like something can be screwed onto it?

Hyper_Kagome

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you... The WinTV card (I Think) is a TV Tuner Card, it allows you to connect to cable, and watch TV on your computer.

Does it have a Cylinder thing sticking out of the card that looks like something can be screwed onto it?

Yes... but we don't have cable in my house, just the satellite.

If I want to watch TV, I'll watch it on a TV. Lol.