Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Fatback

VIP Member
Yeah I feel cold just by looking at it lol.

Yea I have used it for costumer builds about 5 or 6 times now and I love it. The only thing that disappoints me is there is no cable management holes but for the price I can live with that. Besides I can always make some and I want be able to see the cables anyways.

lovely?

Some updated pics. I got my CPU cooler today(ASUS Triton 78) it isn't cooling any better then my stock HSF did but it looks pretty. Also I added some fans I had laying around. All together I have 10 fans if you count the GPU and CPU fans.

reapply your thermal paste. you probably put too much/little.

Fatback

VIP Member
reapply your thermal paste. you probably put too much/little.

Yep I already did that I reapplied thermal past and reseated the HSF. I'm getting idle temps around 37C-40C and load temps around 45C-48C and thats with running Prime95 for 5 hours straight. This time I put a very thin layer of TM on the heatsink and rubbed it in real good with one of those finger condoms they give you with certain TM's. Then I put a pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU. It lowered my temps about 3C.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Yep I already did that I reapplied thermal past and reseated the HSF. I'm getting idle temps around 37C-40C and load temps around 45C-48C and thats with running Prime95 for 5 hours straight. This time I put a very thin layer of TM on the heatsink and rubbed it in real good with one of those finger condoms they give you with certain TM's. Then I put a pea sized drop in the middle of the CPU. It lowered my temps about 3C.

You still have way too much.

A pea size drop? I use about a half a grain of rice size drop on mine...and thats it. I have actually tested it several times. Mount the CPU cooler and then take it off again. The TIM has a very thin layer...can hardly tell it's even there. It spreads out across the entire processor nice and thin. The thinner the better IMO:D

Fatback

VIP Member
You still have way too much.

A pea size drop? I use about a half a grain of rice size drop on mine...and thats it. I have actually tested it several times. Mount the CPU cooler and then take it off again. The TIM has a very thin layer...can hardly tell it's even there. It spreads out across the entire processor nice and thin. The thinner the better IMO:D

I usually use the spread it with a credit card method but when I saw I wasn't getting good temps I used the drop method. I might try your suggestion and use less but for now it is fine.

G25r8cer

Whats the best way to apply Shin-Etsu? I bought some from bomber and need to know the best way to apply on PII when the parts arrive Wed.

aviation_man

_huge_fan_cooled_case_mod_3.jpg

There we go... :)

Is that really yours?

funkysnair

VIP Member
Whats the best way to apply Shin-Etsu? I bought some from bomber and need to know the best way to apply on PII when the parts arrive Wed.

one pea sized dollop on middle of the cpu, apply your heatsink and push down firm-gentle wiggling to help it spread even!

once you do this you do not want to take off your heatsink, fix it inplace with the retention clips/screws

G25r8cer

Alright got the build done. Still gotta do a little more cable management and get a Vid card later on. I can deal with the onboard for a while or plop my old 8600gt in.

P1010245.jpg

oh at night

P1010246.jpg

aviation_man

Alright got the build done. Still gotta do a little more cable management and get a Vid card later on. I can deal with the onboard for a while or plop my old 8600gt in.

P1010245.jpg

Dang man. That is one good lookin heatsink! lol. How much did you pay for and how well does it work?

linkin

VIP Member
that's nice but the cathodes sorta blind the camera... it happened to me too :(
Your cable management is much better than mine.