Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

evti

This is my very first built computer. It's not powerful and is meant mainly for distributed computing and the like. Nonetheless, I am happy and proud of it

Pre-CPU and GPU (waaa cable management, I know, it's not done yet here):
o9xUB.jpg

Front (hard to get the LED ambiance with the camera, but it's got a Red LED on the 200mm fan on the front, and a blue LED on the 200mm fan on top):
SUpls.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Not really. The SATA cables need work, as does that front panel connector and HSF cable. Otherwise its okay.

I think the problem with the SATA cables is more to do with his board than it is anything else. Whenever I've used boards where the SATA ports are not right-angled the cable management always looked a mess.

spirit

Staff member
It can be made a lot cleaner than it is though. Without right angled connectors is not a big deal in 99% of cases.

Yeah that's true, if he just re-arranged the cables a bit. Maybe get black cables too, the red ones look horrible.

jonnyp11

It can be made a lot cleaner than it is though. Without right angled connectors is not a big deal in 99% of cases.

Yeah, that was ne cool thing about the ASRock mobos, the sata ports were turned facing the side, wish the 24 pin and other stuff would do that tooon at least high end mobos that will go in high end cases and use cable management.

wolfeking

banned
EVGA FTW boards have the right angled 24 pin connectors. Asus, Gigabyte, ASrock, and MSI have right angled Sata connectors, just not on the low end boards.

linkin

VIP Member
EVGA FTW boards have the right angled 24 pin connectors. Asus, Gigabyte, ASrock, and MSI have right angled Sata connectors, just not on the low end boards.

Right angled 24pin connectors on all motherboards would make cable routing jobs a lot easier.

jonnyp11

Right angled 24pin connectors on all motherboards would make cable routing jobs a lot easier.

i just want like Corsair and Gigabyte to partner up and have a custom psu, mobo, and case, where the cables come out the side of the PSU and the mobo's sockets are somehow reversed to the back then have a right angle adapter, would be the sleakest and best looking thing ever if you could have wholes in the mobo for the pci-e power cables and flip them to face the mobo.

wolfeking

banned
It would take quite a bit of engineering magic to do something like that, and they would make it super expensive because of it. Clean, yes. But it the cost is not worth it when most boards are good enough with the current setups.

spirit

Staff member
The one bad thing about right angled SATA ports is you need a big case to easily plug the cables in. In my Lexa S it is a right pest to plug the SATA cables into the board, there isn't enough room to work. Trying to access the lower points is a right pain.

spirit

Staff member
DSCF1841.jpg

DSCF1843.jpg

QUUAAADDD!!! :D

Sorry for the rubbish photos.

I'm in the process of re-building it for my brother for Christmas. Needs a new hard drive and a few other things. Probably just going to get an SSD though.

newcomputer20

hey thanks to all those who helped me. And no, I don't care about cable management.
Specs;
i5 2500k
8gb ram (2x4)
xfx 7950
asus p8z68-v-lx
corsiar 650w TX
CNPS 10x extreme CPU cooler
fractal design R4

SOvR3,7vjGy,dFWxG

SOvR3,7vjGy,dFWxG

SOvR3,7vjGy,dFWxG

Jamebonds1

DSCF1841.jpg

DSCF1843.jpg

QUUAAADDD!!! :D

Sorry for the rubbish photos.

I'm in the process of re-building it for my brother for Christmas. Needs a new hard drive and a few other things. Probably just going to get an SSD though.

We're doing QQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD!!! Eh? :D

spirit

Staff member
We're doing QQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD!!! Eh? :D

I KNEW you would come back with that! :p

Yeah it's time to start saying QUUUAAADDDD again. :)

On a serious note, I need to get an SSD and some fan adapters for this PC so that I can get it working and give it to my brother for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting an Intel 520 64GB or 128GB (I forget which size now) SSD. They're only like £70, so it's cheap and fast.