Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by jancz3rt, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Because Cinebench and 3DMark scores that's why.
    I'll move the pumps in the top chamber and add a new radiator to the front so I will take care of it that way ;)

2. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

[​IMG]

Darren likes this.
  3. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Do it, post gaming benches.

In fact, you could get much higher cinebench scores with a dual socket EPYC setup.

4. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

It would be too expensive. I mean, yeah I know you hate the way I get my money but it is not endless... plus it would mean having to order a new mid section for my case to make it support a dual socket motherboard...
    I don't expect any improvement in gaming... but I will get that when I upgrade to Volta ;)

5. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

I think you get a lot of flack because you treat it as it is endless, while indicating other people had to make some kind of sacrifice, without truly gaining any worthwhile improvement.
    We just figured you had more space to fill at this point.

6. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

And going from a 6700k to a Ryzen 7 1800X to a Threadripper would? If anything, you LOST gaming performance by going to Ryzen from Skylake already.

7. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Yeah the 6700k is better than both CPUs for gaming but I game at 4k 60hz so unless you have something like a dual core it is the GPU is the most important thing, and my 1080s are lacking especially in games with no SLI support so I will change them for Volta cards when they get released.

8. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

New fluid in!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OmniDyne, _Kyle_, _Glitch and 2 others like this.
  9. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Well-Known Member

Calin likes this.
  10. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Thanks man, not bad for a smartphone camera (I think)

11. Motorcharge

Motorcharge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Finally added a mount for my monitors. Also the monitor on the left is new.

Darren and Calin like this.
  12. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Looks good. How about a closer picture of the PC?

13. Motorcharge

Motorcharge Well-Known Member

After Christmas when I get my new mobo and ram. You can see the new i5 sitting on my desk lol

14. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Thought I posted these but guess I never did. This is after I got the 1080.

Edit: Just realized this is mildly out of date too since I have an EVGA PowerLink on the 1080 now which cleans up the cable look considerably. Oh well. I'll get some better pictures when I move.

[​IMG]20170922_161048

[​IMG]20170922_161435

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    _Kyle_ and Calin like this.
  15. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Mining rig. This one runs all the time while my gaming rig mines while I'm not gaming.
    Yes, that's an AMD stock cooler on an Intel CPU, because the plastic clips on the one I had before broke. I simply put thermal paste on the CPU, then some glue around the retention bracket and it cools it decently at stock speeds.
    I know it looks like shit but it makes money so...

[​IMG]

16. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

You did uh what now?

Edit: Since I cleaned my room and got the new VESA mounts desk is looking a lot cleaner. Really want to get a new desk though, just waiting till I move out in a few months. The desk on my left is at least from the 1960's if not before and neither was designed for a computer obviously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    _Kyle_ likes this.
  17. Calin

Calin Well-Known Member

Yes, some super glue because the AMD heatsink is pretty big and it covers up these parts of the retention bracket.
    [​IMG]
    So I just put some super glue there to make sure the heatsink doesn't move.

18. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Well-Known Member

Everyone knows ducktape is WAY better.

OmniDyne and RujoKinJal like this.
  19. OmniDyne

OmniDyne Active Member

Got the i5-8400 up and running on the Gigabyte Z370P D3. What a great experience. Easy install, Windows 10 reinstalled incredibly quickly, and it takes no longer than 5 seconds to boot to Windows! I didn't think I'd see that much of a difference coming from the FX-8300!

Had to manually enable the XMP profile to get the RAM to run at 2666, but it was two clicks and done. UEFI is incredible.

GTA V loads in about a minute, compared to the 5 minutes it took before, and is pegged at a solid 60 FPS now.

This felt like when I went from the Athlon 64 to the Athlon 64 X2 haha. I didn't even notice this kind of performance boost going from the Phenom 9550 to the FX-8300. I'm way too happy lol.

Anyways, anyone looking to upgrade should keep their eyes peeled on Newegg and Reddit. I actually waited an extra week and got the Z370P D3 for $50 with an i5-8400 combo 'flash' deal.

2018-03-29 16.07.33.jpg

20. salvage-this

salvage-this Active Member

Pretty old hardware by today's standards. I finally ditched the 800d for a smaller case.

[​IMG]

Darren and Calin like this.