Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

87dtna

He has a Megahalems, it does look like a fan from a noctua though LOL. But something is way wrong to idle at 45c at stock clock/voltage even if you were running the stock cooler.

Luke2

@87dtna

Hey, thanks. Your suggestion is perfectly valid regarding the CPU power cable. I obviously tried running it behind the motherboard tray, which comes out to be few inches short, I have to look into running it directly behind the mobo.

And yes, that isn't the Noctua cooler. It is in fact Prolimatech Megahalems (Mega Shadow) with noctua fan. I'm thinking about getting another one of these great fans and doing push-pull config. Temps on my i7 are idling at ~42C.
That is at 4.0 OC ;)

Update: so I took the mobo out and i cannot run the cable directly behind, not enough clearance there :-(

Last edited:

87dtna

@87dtna

Hey, thanks. Your suggestion is perfectly valid regarding the CPU power cable. I obviously tried running it behind the motherboard tray, which comes out to be few inches short, I have to look into running it directly behind the mobo.

And yes, that isn't the Noctua cooler. It is in fact Prolimatech Megahalems (Mega Shadow) with noctua fan. I'm thinking about getting another one of these great fans and doing push-pull config. Temps on my i7 are idling at ~42C.
That is at 4.0 OC ;)

Update: so I took the mobo out and i cannot run the cable directly behind, not enough clearance there :-(

Oh, your case doesn't use standoff's? That sucks.

Luke2

Of course it uses standoffs.
There just isn't enough clearance under it for the fatass cable to fit through, and i'm sure it's not the best for PCB of the mobo to be flexing if I was to kinda force it on there.

87dtna

I have the same PSU as you, I don't think the cable is that fat at all. It fits fine under my gigabyte board with my antec case. :(

Buzz1927

Digaredd
My i5 build, just need to get some ram, had to borrow 2GB out of my other rig for now.

SDC10870.jpg

SDC10871.jpg

Candy

Yep, gtx260.
Foxconn katana inferno
i5 750
2gb corsair 1600 DDR3 (will be getting 4gb viper2 soon)

How much for mobo, cpu and ram if you don't mind me asking?
Also +1 for Storm Scout, great case. Looks like you have a CM V8 sitting in there too, I have the same. Actually I think you sent me the V8 didn't you?