Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

87dtna

450W PSU with a GTX 660?

I've run a gtx 275 on a 380w!!! Thats a 219w TDP card lol.

With that said, a gtx 660 consumes very little power. I believe they are 140w TDP. Thats only as much as a 9800gtx.

He's perfectly fine on a quality 450w PSU. Besides, he's also using a G530 cpu, which consumes like no power lol.

87dtna

So my SSD's got here today

Why so low? :D

agility3raid0Atto.jpg

Mez

I've run a gtx 275 on a 380w!!! Thats a 219w TDP card lol.

With that said, a gtx 660 consumes very little power. I believe they are 140w TDP. Thats only as much as a 9800gtx.

He's perfectly fine on a quality 450w PSU. Besides, he's also using a G530 cpu, which consumes like no power lol.

Thank you 87dtna, couldn't have said it better myself.

Mez

Your PSU has capabilities of 180w per rail (2 rails). So a 140w card is just fine, and you have plenty of room for a CPU upgrade as well.

Yeah, only bought a G530 because I didn't have enough cash to buy a GTX 660 and a more powerful cpu. I'll probably be upgrading in the near future.

But I swear to god, for $40, nothing beats the G530, it's a little beast.

Life

banned
I don't have very good cable management, but with a micro atx case, it's kind of hard. Anyways here are some pictures with my new PSU, and CPU cooler.
2lm5c9i.jpg

fdzz4o.jpg

4qljrc.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It is not that bad. Your mirco ATX is better than my eMachine AMD 64 :p

It is my first Desktop ever.

Man, my medion amd 64 is 2x smaller then that case. It doesn't really look like a mini atx because of the big free space around the mobo...
Anyway, it's a formfactor, and that can varie a bit.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Your PSU has capabilities of 180w per rail (2 rails). So a 140w card is just fine, and you have plenty of room for a CPU upgrade as well.
Now my turn. :p
I'm planning to use a hd6870 on a 450W psu with 18A on each +12V rail (2 rails) in total 360 W on the 12V rail.
The 2 pci-e are on the same rail.
Should it run without blowing it up, or should I buy a better psu?

ayan

Damn it, guys! All your boxes look so nice and clean and shiny! Mine looks like it's been through World War 3 :(
I am a bit jealous!