Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope! :p

It's still in the loft lol, been sitting there since June last year :eek:

tumblr_lty7wyHzoX1r4fw74o1_400.png

WeatherMan

lol!

I can't believe I haven't put it together yet, my room is not totally completed and until it is I don't want all my new kit set up :)

5 years ago I would have never thought I would have gone this long without setting it up, it'd have been built as soon as it arrived :p

spirit

Staff member
Such amazing cable management!

You really need to get all those new parts put together and get yourself a better machine. ;)

wolfeking

banned
I don't see why. Can of zip ties, and a tank of air would make that a decent system. I would use it (that has got to have a floppy port!).

CrazyMike

looks decent enough. But a few things.

1. Is there a reason you removed the top HDD bay? Looks fine like that, but kind of makes it look a little bare, especially since it does not in any way even come close to the GPU (generally the reason for removable bays) I was doing up some measuring and stuff and never actually changed it back. Mainly for video cards and other things.

2. The Optical drive wires would look far better if you ran them both through the same hole. Never actually noticed that before, now that i see it, it looks horrendous.

3. The SATA cables, run them strait down to the cable manage hole, not to the side. Cleans up the look a lot more than you would think. Oh most deffinately would. I just was putting and taking in hard drives so much that I just got lazy. lol

4. That cable running over your PSU. Run it under the PSU. Would clean it up some. Will DO

The EPS line is in an awkward place, but without looking at the back of the case, I'm not sure there is anything else that can be done.

Looks fine as is though. The above are just nitpicking things.

Most of this stuff will be fixed when i put my new motherboard and CPU/RAM in. Not to mention taking out the blue lights. Way too much light.

Alt3r3dBeast

First picture is before i put in cpu.
Just stock cooler as of right now

Attachments

• 196145_10151324831943395_1420664116_n.jpg
    196145_10151324831943395_1420664116_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 564954_10151346642693395_1877440857_n.jpg
    564954_10151346642693395_1877440857_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 161
i begon in 2009 whith my first computer and startded of with a i7 920
that time and a gtx 295.
i had sinds then only intel, from the i7 920 to the i5 2500.
and olso the graphiccards i had some.
from old to new.
gtx 295
amd 5850
6950/6970
7950/7970
gtx 670

but now i have my first amd, and this it is.

the cables on the right are for the leds.

i,m pretty happy withe the result, hope you will like it to.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
i begon in 2009 whith my first computer and startded of with a i7 920
that time and a gtx 295.
i had sinds then only intel, from the i7 920 to the i5 2500.
and olso the graphiccards i had some.
from old to new.
gtx 295
amd 5850
6950/6970
7950/7970
gtx 670

but now i have my first amd, and this it is.

the cables on the right are for the leds.

i,m pretty happy withe the result, hope you will like it to.

Idk, but did you feel any difference going from an i5 2500 to a fx8350?
What is the main thing you do on pc?
Was that a K version? Also, you could have overclocked your i7 :p, to get as much performance.

spirit

Staff member
So this is the system that is acting very slow for some reason. I think it's a hardware problem because I've tried multiple installs of XP x64 on this thing and it's still being slow. This morning I replaced the hard drive just to see if anything improved and reinstalled XP x64, it's still being slow. :( Just checking the RAM right now with Memtest86 but I think the problem could lie in the graphics card because whenever I tried to run the Windows Experience Index on this PC (back when I had 7 on it) the screen would artefact and then I'd get BSOD'ed just as it was checking graphics performance.

Any ideas as to what else could be up? Reset the CMOS too (because it has having trouble booting and detecting IDE hard drives).

Here are the pictures.

DSC_1902-1Web.jpg

DSC_1904-2Web.jpg

Shlouski

VIP Member
Heres my home server, ive just rebuilt it because the power supply went and I need to buy a couple of new hard drives, which meant I needed a case with more hard drive bays. I bought the NZXT Sourse 210 elite, this case has 8 hard drive bays and was only 45 euros :)

Specs:

Gigabyte M68M-S2P, with gigabit lan
Corsair 600w
1gb ddr2 800
AMD Phenom ii x2 550
1 pci raid card
1x seagate 320gb primary hdd
6x seagate 2tb, paired off with raid mirroring, so 3x 2 2tb hdd's in raid 1.
The 2tb hdd's are 3 different models, i just bought 2 of whatever was the best on price, but each pair raided are identical models.

20130116010110.jpg

20130116010226.jpg

Idk, but did you feel any difference going from an i5 2500 to a fx8350?
What is the main thing you do on pc?
Was that a K version? Also, you could have overclocked your i7 :p, to get as much performance.

yes it was the 2500k and i dident went from 2500k to my fx 8320 i had also a 2600 non k.
but there was no warrenty on it any more, on the cpu,mobo en mem not so i changed it wit a guy to the amd fx 8320 at that time 1 week old.
no money involved.
and yes i7 920 was overclocked, but i want ervery time somting new in the budget.
last thing that i bought was the mem and the h100, next wil be the gtx 680 i hope.

87dtna

Heres my home server, ive just rebuilt it because the power supply went and I need to buy a couple of new hard drives, which meant I needed a case with more hard drive bays. I bought the NZXT Sourse 210 elite, this case has 8 hard drive bays and was only 45 euros :)

Specs:

Gigabyte M68M-S2P, with gigabit lan
Corsair 600w
1gb ddr2 800
AMD Phenom ii x2 550
1 pci raid card
1x seagate 320gb primary hdd
6x seagate 2tb, paired off with raid mirroring, so 3x 2 2tb hdd's in raid 1.
The 2tb hdd's are 3 different models, i just bought 2 of whatever was the best on price, but each pair raided are identical models.
]

What could you possibly need 6tb of HDD space for? (on a server that only requires a Phenom II dual core anyway)

Shlouski

VIP Member
PC Backups (500gb), backed up games ISO's (600gb), Films (1tb), tv series (1.5tb), sofware, music, other random stuff and space for the future. I usually end up downloading 100gb a week, if not more :). Its a home server, if does not need power, its only file sharing, it cant even get through its 1gb of ram.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
What could you possibly need 6tb of HDD space for? (on a server that only requires a Phenom II dual core anyway)

Wait wait wait wait wait...what?

Storage =/= the necessity more power. You can set up a server to backup all of your media to and have it stream to all other devices. If you are backing up BluRays and/or HD videos, they aren't the smallest. A Pentium or Athlon could do that, even with TB's of storage, it needs very, very little CPU power there, but a hell of a lot of storage space if you have a lot of data to backup