* Post Your Case Mods *

SIMP

ramodkk, that's sweet. I am idle at 25-27 now but I'm only at 2.4 Ghz. I may speed it up a bit and see what I can get out of the stock cooler again.

What load temps do you consider safe for the E2160? Thank you.

taylormsj

I also changed the stock fan on my heatsink to a blue LED.

n734801348_619007_698.jpg

Turn the fan around so its blowing air over the heatsink, i think youll be pleased with the difference:eek:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's already blowing down guys! :D

I idle at about 39-43. Not sure on a heavy load though.

taylormsj

Dude, your wrong, its not blowing onto the heat sink fins like it should, its blowing air away form the heat sink, making it less effective

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Hey voyager, did you take out the fan to see where the air is flowing? Cause if you just put your finger on top of it to see if you felt air, you can still feel an air current on the side of the fan where it is puuling the air from.

I think that ^ was just more confusing! :p

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Hey voyager, did you take out the fan to see where the air is flowing? Cause if you just put your finger on top of it to see if you felt air, you can still feel an air current on the side of the fan where it is puuling the air from.

I think that ^ was just more confusing! :p

I just want to get this straight. You say I should have the fan upside down and have air blow THROUGH and DOWN INTO the heatsink? If thats correct, I did that when I swapped the fan. I originally was going to just have it blow up like a normal fan, but my dad told me to turn it around.

Timo

If I am correct even the stock intel cooler blows into the heatsink instead of sucking air out?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
If I am correct even the stock intel cooler blows into the heatsink instead of sucking air out?

Yeah, the intel stock cooler blows into the heatsink. I don't think there's any heatsinks out there that blows away from the cooler.