Post Your Core2Duo Temps Here!

WeatherGeek

This thread is to help people (and me) see what people's temps are in their C2D's. I'll start off.
100% load: Not tried yet
Room Temp During Tests: 23-25°C

Schonza

E6300 running at 2.0GHZ
Idle: 29
Core 0 temp Idle:46
Core 1 temp Idle:45
50% load: 33
Core 0 temp 50%:49
Core 1 temp 50%:49
100% load: 38
Core 0 temp 100%:60
Core 1 temp 100%:61

All temps in degrees celceius

Master Mind

my E6600 runs too hot at the moment - 57*C, ive just purchased a new case and 9 fans lol, and plus im getting a Tuniq Tower 120 soon as, maybe something better...

Master Mind

Geoff

VIP Member
I dont have one any more, but when I had my E6300 overclocked from 1.86 to 3.13Ghz, It ran at about 55-58C idle, and around 60-65C under full, heavy load.

Master Mind

omega did you ever experience overheating and rebooting? when my cpu was overclocked to 3.3 on the stock cooler it rebooted during heavy loads (nero in particular) so i decreased it to 3.15 and it runs perfect but hot.. as soon as i get this new heatsink and fan and also the other 5 case fans to add to my 4 others it should allow me to do a serious overclocking job on my cpu lol. im hoping for 4ghz maybe higher...

Master Mind

WeatherGeek

omega did you ever experience overheating and rebooting? when my cpu was overclocked to 3.3 on the stock cooler it rebooted during heavy loads (nero in particular) so i decreased it to 3.15 and it runs perfect but hot.. as soon as i get this new heatsink and fan and also the other 5 case fans to add to my 4 others it should allow me to do a serious overclocking job on my cpu lol. im hoping for 4ghz maybe higher...

Master Mind

I'm running the E6600 at 3.03 right now with the stock cooler and havent raised the voltage at all. How much, if at all, have you raised your voltages? What else have you changed besides FSB if any?
My Approximate New Temps with the OCing....

Core 0: Idle- 29C Full- 42C
Core 1: Idle- 31C Full- 45C

madtownidiot

Idle:
core 0: 39c
core 1: 39c
core 2: 38c
core 3: 38c

after 1/2 hr @ 100%:
core 0: 62c
core 1: 63c
core 2: 63c
core 3: 61c

Does that sound about right?

Geoff

VIP Member

Master Mind
Nope, never rebooted because of overheating.

And I was using Intel TAT to find my temps, both SpeedFan and the BIOS reported temps a bit under that.

ETSA

4 ghzs is unlikely but good luck.

my temps:

30-32 idle
36-38 gaming(3d)
40-42 full load (stress testing)

ADE

banned
Ha! I beet you all! Mine runs at 0*C!!!!!!..............................when off....

at my OC speeds, 28*C idle and 35*C MAX load. Although, IF! I leave my computer on 24/7 folding temps will get higher. turn it off for 1 night and good as new.

WeatherGeek

TAT Temps

I decided to download that TAT program you're talking about. I did a test at 100% full load, and decided it would probably be best for me to get an aftermarket cooler and to not try to overclock anymore at least until then. Here were my results after only about a minute and a half at 100%
TATfullload.png

ETSA

I rarely ever leave my computer off, I restart it and periodically leave it off for a few hours here and there but normally, 24/7.

WeatherGeek

TAT is almost always 10*C more than what it really is.
Jeez will there ever really be a good thermal CPU tool?!
lol what do you all reccomend... I have speedfan and everest, but everest isnt working with this CPU sensor
After a 1 1/2 minutes, speedfan was as hot and even hotter than the TAT temps..
Core 0: 60C
Core 1: 63C

ADE

banned
PC Wizard 2006. ETSA, do you have your computer folding almost all day and always all night?

ADE

banned
[-0MEGA-];638345 said:
No, Intel TAT is the correct temp, not the BIOS, or any other windows program.

ADE, no what your talking about before you post.

Excuse me? Don't go talking like I don't know, go even ask Rambo! Get your facts before you talk.