Post Your Core2Duo Temps Here!

ADE

banned
CPUtempproof.jpg

Jet

VIP Member
It all depends what you base it off of. According to OMEGA, everything is ~10C lower than it should be. I thought that this quote was interesting from another site

you must know that core temp and TAT take temperature from the core so its not the same as in the past where we always use the temp on mobo/IHS as the standard so if 60deg on mobo is acceptable then 75deg on core temp should be pretty fine.

Geoff

VIP Member
Excuse me? Don't go talking like I don't know, go even ask Rambo! Get your facts before you talk.

Intel TAT is the most accurate program, much more so then the BIOS.

Intel TAT uses the onboard temperature diode on each core to find the temps, the BIOS and programs such as speedfan only read the CPU temperature diode on the motherboard directly below the CPU.

So to say again, Intel TAT gets it's info from the temperature diodes located on each core. The BIOS and other windows-based apps read the temperature diode which is located on the motherboard, so it's not the actual temp. It also shows you why Intel TAT shows different temps for both cores.

ADE

banned
But judging be the scale we all know, TAT is wrong. We can concur that 60*C is a bad temp to be at (talking Core 2 duos). It even says in the manual and BIOS. If something tells me its above 10*C than anything else, I can say that TAT must have something wrong. with TAT then 70*C is bad. But no one else goes by the way TAT reads. It confuses others so IMO its not the best one to chose.

WeatherGeek

I tried to OC to 3.2GHz (still no voltage changes) but the system restarted on its own after about 30 secs at 100& usage. I went down to 3.15GHz... set the TAT to full load -the CPU usage at 100%-for 10 minutes, everything seemed stable
Max Temps
Core 0- *Briefly* 63C, mainly 62C
Core 1- 60C

Not too bad... these temps WERE measured in TAT. Right on the threshold of safe if TAT is accurate, pretty much safe is it isn't.

ADE

banned
apparently if you go by TAT, 75*C is MAX, if you go by what everyone else in the world goes by, then 60*C is MAX.

Geoff

VIP Member
But judging be the scale we all know, TAT is wrong. We can concur that 60*C is a bad temp to be at (talking Core 2 duos). It even says in the manual and BIOS. If something tells me its above 10*C than anything else, I can say that TAT must have something wrong. with TAT then 70*C is bad. But no one else goes by the way TAT reads. It confuses others so IMO its not the best one to chose.

TAT is not wrong, it is designed for the Core 2 Duo's by Intel. The BIOS is whats wrong. I mean, come on, you dont really think your CPU is running at 36C when overclocked do you? Core 2 Duo's can get up to 65-70C and run perfectly fine.

Fiberop

desktop.jpg

My temps are 10 degrees higher with Intel Tat than either the bios or any other program. I'm not saying it's wrong just that it's quite a difference.

I was also wondering why cpu 1 is greyed out? I can't do anything with it but the temp on there does change. I'm just wondering if Windows is having a problem with the second core as far as recognizing it? In the device Manager it is showing 2 processors but something is up.

Any clues?

Jet

VIP Member
ADE;638417 If something tells me its above 10*C than anything else said:
Not wrong, just different. Calm down :p. It isn't the end of the world. TAT is just a different way of looking at things, and it is good. Confusion leads to finding out new information and therefore learning.

ADE

banned
Its different and misleading. The thing is, you HAVE to lean in order to use it correctly. Those who don't see what it does, get tricked. Its like temperatures. everything else is like Celcius. More people use it in the world. TAT is like some poor confused Chinese man who came to America using Fahrenheit for the first time. If you use it you have to learn and get no real benefit. Instead of what everyone knows how to use and is simpler and everyone is familiar with.

Geoff

VIP Member
More like Intel TAT is the first real program that actually tells you the accurate temps, vs the BIOS and programs like Everest and Speedfan that only tell you the temp of one core, and that arent always accurate.

For instance, the BIOS on one of my previous rigs said my Pentium D was running at 19C when overclocked to 4Ghz.

Schonza

View attachment 1864

My temps are 10 degrees higher with Intel Tat than either the bios or any other program. I'm not saying it's wrong just that it's quite a difference.

I was also wondering why cpu 1 is greyed out? I can't do anything with it but the temp on there does change. I'm just wondering if Windows is having a problem with the second core as far as recognizing it? In the device Manager it is showing 2 processors but something is up.

Any clues?

What processor have you got? Some processors have a virtual second processor or a co-processor, so in actual fact it's not a true dual core, therefore TAT will not recgonise it as dual core.

ADE

banned
You have a set knowledge that for a core 2 duo E6300 60*C should be tops. Programs besides TAT tell you this by that knowledge weather you are above or below. TAT can do the same thing, in a different, less used knowledge. Although you can learn both, thing is, more people know by programs unlike TAT to know when to stop OC'ing. TAT is a different way of seeing things, not many people like the way it see to what they have learned.

Fiberop

What processor have you got? Some processors have a virtual second processor or a co-processor, so in actual fact it's not a true dual core, therefore TAT will not recgonise it as dual core.

C2D 6400, it's a dual core or Intel is lying to me :).

Kornowski

VIP Member
My results are wrong, I was using Speedfan :p

When using Intel's TAT:

Idle
Core 1: 38c
Core 2: 37c

Don't know about load...

Are they bad temps?