Post your CS:Source Video Stress Test results

Filip

@ Breaks

That's weird, I got ~20 fps for that, there is also one command I forgot to tell, r_3dsky "0", ppl on www.gotfrag.com say it's the best FPS improving command.

@ ChrisUlrich

Your FPS for CS:S sure is low, that's weird, but 3DMark06 seems ok, more than it should be, probably couse you overclocked your gfx card.

ChrisUlrich

@ Breaks

That's weird, I got ~20 fps for that, there is also one command I forgot to tell, r_3dsky "0", ppl on www.gotfrag.com say it's the best FPS improving command.

@ ChrisUlrich

Your FPS for CS:S sure is low, that's weird, but 3DMark06 seems ok, more than it should be, probably couse you overclocked your gfx card.

I haven't overclocked anything... 5k for 3D Mark? My buddy with a worse processor (4200+X2) scored a 8500 with a 7900GTX though.

How do I check if everything is running up to par? That scares me now... 59fps? How the hell does that workout? Pr0 and I have very similar systems and he scored like 500fps more then me!

Filip

I haven't overclocked anything... 5k for 3D Mark? My buddy with a worse processor (4200+X2) scored a 8500 with a 7900GTX though.

How do I check if everything is running up to par? That scares me now... 59fps? How the hell does that workout? Pr0 and I have very similar systems and he scored like 500fps more then me!

There is no way your friend scored 8500 in 3DMark06 with a single 7900GTX, there is but it has to be extremly oveclocked. Not all persons can do that.

ChrisUlrich

There is no way your friend scored 8500 in 3DMark06 with a single 7900GTX, there is but it has to be extremly oveclocked. Not all persons can do that.

What about me though? How can I check my computer to see if everything is running properly? I am scared now... can Windows have anything to do with it? Like a setting or something?

Filip

tbh, nothing is coming on my mind, it has to be a CS:S problem couse 3dMark06 is scoring fine, 4000+ is the score 7900GT's should score (450/1320)

bumblebee_tuna

While we're on the fps subject, with computer specs below and my average at 76-79 during a stress test, what should I cap my fps at? (ex. console: fps_max ?)

Junglist

1st post.

wicked thread, im gonna be posting some pics later when i get to my system.

one thing though, imo i dont think having vertical sync turned off shows a decent reflection on fps. 500 fps but it will look worse than 60 fps with vertical sync on.

id rather have 60 frames with it on than 500 with it off

Junglist

Filip

one thing though, imo i dont think having vertical sync turned off shows a decent reflection on fps. 500 fps but it will look worse than 60 fps with vertical sync on.

Junglist

Why would it look worse?

It's true that you won't see any difference but why would it look worse?

CS Source Lover

1st post.

wicked thread, im gonna be posting some pics later when i get to my system.

Junglist

Man vsync puts more stress on your videocard with little improvements and why are we talking about 500 fps now? no one can get 500 fps in cs source..

Pr0

Man vsync puts more stress on your videocard with little improvements and why are we talking about 500 fps now? no one can get 500 fps in cs source..

I guess your right!
490132322zo9.jpg

:mad: that makes me mad now i need 500+

Last edited:

Junglist

Why would it look worse?

It's true that you won't see any difference but why would it look worse?

are u serious, i hate playing with nasty tearing and a choppy frame rate. no matter what frame rate u get with verical sync off it still only looks like 40 fps.

like people with the higher end card must be able to max cs-source and get 60 fps average.

and i just used 500 as an example

junglist

1+3+3=7

I guess your right!
490132322zo9.jpg

:mad: that makes me mad now i need 500+

:eek: Pr0 479 is not bad at all now that its at dx9 level. If i can score 255 with my system then 479 is right score for your system. try overclocking your videocard if you want to hit a 500+ fps

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
untitled-1.jpg

i dont know,. but it seems a bit low when i hear the rest of you :(
i gues i have to check my pc for viruses etc, havnt been running a antivirus program for 8 months now :p

whats also funny,.. i have set everything to the max. so... i dont even have the anti aliasing 6x option :x

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
:eek: Pr0 479 is not bad at all now that its at dx9 level. If i can score 255 with my system then 479 is right score for your system. try overclocking your videocard if you want to hit a 500+ fps

its funny... you can run the test at low setting's,.. and then set them to high for the screenshot after you got the score ;)
too bad you cent see the 'apply' button,.. if it was grayed out he didnt do that.. :eek: