Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

Darren

Staff member
It hasn't told me forcibly to update yet.
And here in lies the problem so many people have with W10 updates. Just update the damn thing when you shut it off for the night and not wait till it forces you into submission at an inconvenient time.

Intel_man

VIP Member
And here in lies the problem so many people have with W10 updates. Just update the damn thing when you shut it off for the night and not wait till it forces you into submission at an inconvenient time.
It hasn't ask me to update in the shutdown menu.

Darren

Staff member
It hasn't ask me to update in the shutdown menu.
So tell it to check for updates...?

I know they do their releases in rollouts too so it's not as pushy about it until you're well overdue. I'm a Windows Insider (I think) so they might push them to me sooner but most computers at work I see are already running it. *shrug*

Sorry, I just get super triggered about W10 updates and people complaining about them. Pay me no heed. :D

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Creators Update has been pulled from auto-updates and Microsoft has warned users not to update due to the amount of bugs and issues it has caused.

Darren

Staff member
Creators Update has been pulled from auto-updates and Microsoft has warned users not to update due to the amount of bugs and issues it has caused.
First I've heard. My stuff was all automatic and seen no problems at work (we force check for updates on everything). Granted we've been pretty slow past couple months.

Intel_man

VIP Member
You guys are brutal tonight.
36535534.jpg

HackSpoon

Somebody hasn't gotten the Creators Update yet, it's only been changed as of that which was a few weeks ago I think.
I have the update. I changed from powershell to CMD so damn fast. I have to admit. If you operate a school and you block CMD, block powershell also. I found a loop with the system during computer classes.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You guys are brutal tonight. Reddit and Windows are literally the two things I do the most in my day. Srsly. What sub you pull this from? I likely just missed it as I've got way too many subs.
/r/sysadmin