Post your idle CPU temp.

redrider773

Hey guys, wanan post your CPU temps at idle, along with your chip and cooling device? I'd like to compare. I get around 34-36*C idle, never above 46*C gaming, with a 3.0 prescott, and SilentTower with 2 Silent Cats.

With the same cpu u have and the polo735 with a ducting kit im getting 44degrees but i had it down to 40 yesterday cuz it was super cool. I just ordered a tt tower112 and some as5...thatll get the temps down.

Geoff

VIP Member
mine is around 39C. Sempron 2800+ (It was previously overclocked, so i think thats why its a bit high)

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol

19C - AMD Athlon XP-M 2600+ - Dynatron cooler, no fan

(nForce2 C1/C2/C3 Cooling Patch) bwahahahaha

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
20 deg. Prescott @ 3.26GHz, no fan (or heatsink) :p

Antarctica block + Eheim 1048 + Double Black Ice

Last edited:

skidude

My case temp (the only value my reader has) idle is between 20-23 C... under stress around 25-28 C. The highest Ive ever gotten is 29 C.

MatrixEVO

I have the Athlon 64 3500+ (socket 939, clawhammer) with the stock fan/heatsink and it idles around 38 C. And I have 1 120mm case fan and 2 80mm ones.

98vert6spd

redrider773 said:
Hey guys, wanan post your CPU temps at idle, along with your chip and cooling device? I'd like to compare. I get around 34-36*C idle, never above 46*C gaming, with a 3.0 prescott, and SilentTower with 2 Silent Cats.

HEY RED

TOOK YOUr advice and bought the silent tower

have same chip on an asus board and im at same temps

redrider773

Ya, it's so nice! Don't you ever wonder tho.. if it could like, snap the mobo in half? it's so heavy and big? lol. My worst fear, just ruins everything on its way down. lol

Skidude, 35*C for a prescott is good.

Last edited:

tweaker

VIP Member
redrider773 said:
Ya, it's so nice! Don't you ever wonder tho.. if it could like, snap the mobo in half? it's so heavy and big? lol. My worst fear, just ruins everything on its way down. lol

redrider773 said:

Don't double post, use the Edit button.